2021-2022 NBA season

Pooker

Draft is tonight. Rumors are that the top 3 picks are set in stone.

Number one team in the regular season last year, my Utah Jazz, are rumored to be very active in trade talks and will look like a totally different team.

Free agency opens up next year. Expect to see Kawhi Leonard turn everybody down and Kyle Lowry to leave the Raptors.

Bigger themes this summer are where Lillard, Beal, and Westbrook open the season next year. Nothing's confirmed in DC yet but you get the feeling Beal will want out and Westbrook likely won't be far behind him.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Lillard for Simmons and other assets. Seems like such a perfect trade for Philly. New York would give up way too much for Dame, I can't see anything working there without a very generous/dumb 3rd team in the mix.

22 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Number one team in the regular season last year, my Utah Jazz, are rumored to be very active in trade talks and will look like a totally different team.

Utah Electropop?

• Haha 1

I'm actually glad it's settled for the Pistons. I've ultimately wanted them to just do the safe thing and take Cade Cunningham, why fuck around when you won the lottery. He's such a good fit for this team as well, and has already really embraced Detroit as his own. Hard to ignore his skill set, and shooting percentages. I haven't felt this good about us assembling a team since Joe Dumars put together the blueprints even before our title run in 04 (when Jerry Stackhouse was our leading scorer and Grant Hill had recently departed). This is going to be a fun young team to watch develop. 

That said, I really really like Jalen Green. Hard to ignore a kid that was able to play so well in the G-League and has such a nice skillset himself. 

I'm actually intrigued as to what Troy Weaver does with the three second rounders, haha. We can't add four rookies to an already young team so I'm hoping he can move them around, or even just draft and stash a Euro baller or two. 

The Sixers asked for Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the Nos. 7 and 14 picks in tonight’s NBA draft along with two future first-rounders in exchange for Ben Simmons, according to multiple sources. The Warriors quickly turned down the offer.

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

Do you think the Warriors front office said no first or laughed first?

Glad to see Kuzma going to the Wizards. I can cheer for him now and it means that we aren't trading Joe Ingles to the Lakers for him.

50 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Do you think the Warriors front office said no first or laughed first?

Glad to see Kuzma going to the Wizards. I can cheer for him now and it means that we aren't trading Joe Ingles to the Lakers for him.

Water spit, looked at each other in disbelief while smiling, said no, hung up and then literally roflmao'd

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Westbrook to the Lakers

As a Wizards fan I love the return. It's nothing that changes the franchise over night but plenty of assets to work with over the next few years.

It's nice of the Lakers to make sure the conferences are even, now they both have a super-team for everyone who isn't a Lakers or Nets fan to root against.

LA was always going to be someone to root against this season anyway, though, but now with Westbrook on the team, my god it'll be extra sweet to see them lose.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

tenor.gif

The Sixers think the Warriors were playing 2K or something, it seems like 😕 

Westbrook is about 40% of the player that the media and casual fans seem to think. That trade was more about acquiring a max contract that can be flipped along with Talen Horton-Tucker and some picks for the next star malcontent.

I'm pretty positive Beal doesn't get traded. He's never expressed interest in leaving DC. Everyone just sees a good player mired in a shitty situation and assumes he wants out. All indications are that he loves being a Wizard. Now come deadline time, if they're looking like a lottery team, maybe they make that decision for him. 

Yeah as it turned out yesterday evening Beal said he had no interest in leaving Washington. I gotta give him all the respect for trying to stick it out and let a winner happen in DC, but I've followed this team my whole life and it probably just isn't happening. Guys love playing in and living in DC for the most part but the overall franchise can never get over the hump.

6 hours ago, Cut2theKwik said:

Westbrook is about 40% of the player that the media and casual fans seem to think. That trade was more about acquiring a max contract that can be flipped along with Talen Horton-Tucker and some picks for the next star malcontent.

What? Westbrook literally won the MVP a few years, by all accounts is a great teammate, and is a walking triple double. I'm not his biggest fan and don't think any team can actually win with him, but he's still a great player. What player would you want the Lakers to flip him for?

Westbrook criticism has always felt a little weird to me. I don't think he's the perfect fit for LA and to be honest I'd think Hield addressed their most immediate needs more. But he's a great player who will be with LeBron and Davis, and if he can adapt his play style a little to complement them they could be a juggernaut.

My friend suggested he should be more of a 6th man for them and while kinda extreme it works perfectly in my head. He, LeBron, and AD share the court at the end of games but for 3 quarters are basically swapping in and out letting each of them shine. 

I really don't foresee Westbrook getting that many triple-doubles on that team. But it's a solid get for them. Just wondering who's gonna shoot 3s...