2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

38 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I doubt it. My guess is that it ends up like Rodgers and the Jets, they'll work out something eventually. Second guess would be Portland takes a deal from somebody else that is willing to call Dame's bluff about being unhappy. Third bet would be Dame sitting out the season. Hell, I would bet on him retiring before he plays another game for Portland.

Wowsers! You think he would go that far just to not play in Portland? I feel like sitting out a season is a real nuclear option

I don't think it'll come down to that, but could see it happening. Honestly feel like Portland will either find a third team, or just give in to Miami. Don't need an unhappy superstar ruining Scoots rookie year, and the faster they can get off Dame's contract, the easier they can start putting pieces around Scoot.

• Like 1

LeBron’s son Bronny suffered cardiac arrest during a workout yesterday, rushed to the hospital, but is now out of the ICU and in stable condition.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LeBron’s son Bronny suffered cardiac arrest during a workout yesterday, rushed to the hospital, but is now out of the ICU and in stable condition.

That can't be good though. How does that happen to someone so young without an underlying condition?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, LL! said:

That can't be good though. How does that happen to someone so young without an underlying condition?

Because that's been a leading health issue in teenagers/young adults, especially athletes, for decades. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Because that's been a leading health issue in teenagers/young adults, especially athletes, for decades. 

Stress, as well. I could only imagine what he goes through, the things he reads about himself, and the pressures he feels being Lebron's son.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, LL! said:

In what world is 2023 Jrue Holiday more valuable than Tyler Herro? Honest question. 

Portland has already said that they are going to trade Holiday to a contender. They're set at guard as well, making Herro not needed. I'm guessing they didn't like what other teams were offering to get Herro traded elsewhere.

3 hours ago, LL! said:

In what world is 2023 Jrue Holiday more valuable than Tyler Herro? Honest question. 

This current one. Holiday is a handful of guys who actually play defense in the league. He's great. 

Sucks to see him go but for Damian fucking Lillard? Hell yeah let's go

28 minutes ago, livid said:

This current one. Holiday is a handful of guys who actually play defense in the league. He's great. 

Sucks to see him go but for Damian fucking Lillard? Hell yeah let's go

I get that my bias may be showing here, but definitely so is yours. There's not a rebuilding team that would value him over Herro who is about ready to enter his acent to the peak and provide them with high volume and accurate shots in a shooter's league. He's on the wrong side of 30 and Portland knows it. It doesn't surprise me that Portland wants to flip him. Jrue needs to be on a win-now team to maximize his value. Hence why he was even in Milwaukee to begin with. 

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

Portland has already said that they are going to trade Holiday to a contender. They're set at guard as well, making Herro not needed. I'm guessing they didn't like what other teams were offering to get Herro traded elsewhere.

This would be insane, but seems farfetched. 

4 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Jrue Holliday to Boston with Portland getting Williams, Brogdon, and two firsts. And you'd assume they're going to flip at least Brogdon for more assets.

My guess is actually Williams. They already have Ayton there. Not that that's not a powerful 1-2 punch at the 5, but I think there could be more suitors in that direction. 

Interesting position for Boston now with no real answer for Center beyond Porzingis and a 37 year old Al Horford. I can only imagine they are trying to make one more move in that direction.