2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

6 minutes ago, Pooker said:

My wife is going to be so impressed when we watch that episode and I get it right. Also, that's hilarious that any of them thought it was Draymond.

You gotta really sell it though - pick out all these tiny clues or make some up that you picked up on and be like I KNOW IT'S HIM early in the performance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krabby said:

You gotta really sell it though - pick out all these tiny clues or make some up that you picked up on and be like I KNOW IT'S HIM early in the performance

Look at the shield they show during the clues package. 

On 28/10/2023 at 12:11, VerbalPuke said:

I have to say I'm pretty encouraged after the Pistons first two games. The group of Duren, Stewart, Thompson, Hayes, and Cunningham could be a nice little defensive unit. 

Thompson has been impressive so far, not scoring a ton but getting rebounds, playing good defense, and being a good facilitator on offense has me optimistic. 

Hell, Monte even seems to have Marvin Bagley giving some effort on defense. If that dude can even be competent on defense he'll be a real nice bench piece. 

Lol. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Lol. 

In your defense, they did look good the first few games, and they've had a TON of injuries. Also, their rotation is 9 guys under 24 and Alec Burks. With Monte Morris and Bogdanovic things could be a tiny bit different.

Also, I think you jinxed them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We play y'all in a couple weeks and I fully expect to be on a nine game losing streak.

Jazz are going to have our worst season in twenty years, and it won't result in a good pick because of Detroit, San Antonio, and Washington.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I feel bad for you all, I really do.

So... how bout them T-Wolves? :shifty:

Super excited for them. How you liking Rudy now?

Speaking of Rudy, his forever enemy, Draymond Green, has been suspended indefinitely by the league.

• Like 1

I don't know about anything mentally wrong with him, but the way the NBA, the refs, and his team have treated him have given him a sense of entitlement and let's him think he can get away with anything. He should have twice as many techs in his career as he has and three times as many suspensions.

And with the way the Warriors are playing, it's no surprise he's acting up. Hopefully this suspension is a long one.

On 12/12/2023 at 21:43, Pooker said:

We play y'all in a couple weeks and I fully expect to be on a nine game losing streak.

Jazz are going to have our worst season in twenty years, and it won't result in a good pick because of Detroit, San Antonio, and Washington.

I mean we were the worst in the league last year and fell to 5 so anything can happen there.

On 14/12/2023 at 01:46, Pooker said:

Super excited for them. How you liking Rudy now?

It's taken a while but he seems to finally be back to his DPOTY form, things are falling off a bit now but the defensive performances at the start of the season were fantastic. I think losing McDaniels to injury has had an impact on that, but thankfully we seem to be able to score a decent amount of points now thanks to Edwards and KAT.

I don't see topping the West to last for very long, but hopefully we can get a decent play-off spot. Sorry if that means the Jazz don't get as good a draft spot as a result!

And the longer Draymond is banned for the better, and safer, for the league. The annoying this is that the second he retires he's almost certainly going to be one of the most prominent analysts on whichever network pays him the most.

We don't have your pick this year, so be as good as you can be. Next year I'll care more haha.

I agree about Draymond but I've always felt the league has been too soft on him. I'm hoping for 25 games, if not more. I've actually listened to his podcast a few times and when he's just talking about ball, he's entertaining to listen to. But, when he starts talking about the Warriors or himself, he's so entitled.

NBA doesn't really have moderation with discipline and suspensions. It's either very little or a borderline overreach. Almost always dictated by public perception and the level of the player.

I think given the overall decline of Draymond and the Warriors that Silver is finally at a point where he's not worried about an overreach on suspending him, so it'll wind up pretty lengthy.