2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

19 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

A European sports site is reporting him as having now passed away but none of the main NBA writers have confirmed yet.

Terribly sad situation :( 

ESPN just confirmed it, unfortunately.

• Sad 3

It seems the inevitable Timberwolves decline has begun. They looked tired and flat against the Thunder on Saturday (Ant missing all three free throws to tie the game in the final minute being the prime example), and now KAT scoring 62 and us still losing at home to the Hornets is not a good sign.

I was getting a bit frustrated that nobody ever had the Wolves in the top 5 of their power rankings despite being top of the west for two months, but I'm seeing why nobody had any faith now.

• Sad 1

The Bucks have fired coach Adrian Griffin. Joe Puntry to be the interim coach.

Bucks are 30-13 & second in the East. Is there an off court issue going on or something? Because I don't see how this makes sense.

• Confused 1

Couple of Bucks fans are blaming him for their lackluster defense this year. Not that trading a great defensive guard for one that plays no defense has anything to do with that.

• Haha 1

The most important news to come out today is that Terry Rozier is now a Miami Heat. And I like that very much. But I also wouldn't be upset if they flipped him for Dejounte Murray...

• Like 1

Doc Rivers has apparently emerged as a candidate for the Bucks.

Remember kids, always check yourself for leeches.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LL! said:

The most important news to come out today is that Terry Rozier is now a Miami Heat. And I like that very much. But I also wouldn't be upset if they flipped him for Dejounte Murray...

Rozier has been pretty badly treated in Charlotte, when he's allowed the ball he puts up great numbers, but that tends to only be when LaMelo isn't on the court at which point he becomes an afterthought. The Heat just need to let him shoot and he'll o a good job.

Meanwhile, the reason for the Wolves losing to the Hornets last night appears to have become apparent; the team became focused on how many points Embiid was on, and spent the entire second half trying to get KAT the opportunity to outscore him, whilst ignoring things like other open players, and defense.

Chris Finch spent the post match conference calling them out for their immaturity, but I have to wonder why he didn't have enough control over them to stop it happening in the first place.

I was wondering that too and thought that rant seemed a little out of place. Like, it's one thing to call the team out, but that was a bit much, IMO. I guess we'll see how the Wolves respond in their next game.

16 hours ago, Pooker said:

Couple of Bucks fans are blaming him for their lackluster defense this year. Not that trading a great defensive guard for one that plays no defense has anything to do with that.

This 100%. You go from one of the very best defensive backcourt players in the league right now to one that won't even bother playing unless he has the ball and then complain about the coach. Right...