2023-2024 NBA season

Pooker

The end to the Knicks/Sixers game was crazy, what was most baffling was how Maxey didn't want the final shot and just handed it off to Embiid with no time left to shoot. An who doesn't like the Lakers giving up a 20 point second half lead?

Two endings like that out of three games is great, it's a shame the Magic have decided not to show up to the Playoffs though. Their offense has been atrocious.

People are going to see it and it's going to be bigger news in the coming days too I'm sure, but I mean, what the fuck is wrong with people for leaking and reporting this!? When he clearly wanted privacy.

This is going far better than I had ever imagined. It's insane that this is the first time the Wolves have been 3-0 in a play-off series in the history of the franchise.

Also, Ant has joined a very notable organisation.

• Like 3

I know it’s largely due to injury issues, but that won’t make it any less funny to see the Bucks get bounced in the first round in the first season of the Doc Rivers Error.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LL! said:

I really want an Anthony Edwards jersey. He's fantastic. 

I have two! :w00t:

I am beyond happy to see our first ever sweep, and it feels sweeter to do it against a team who the media were picking to beat us. Admittedly, so was I. The Nuggets will obviously be a much bigger test because Rudy has never shown much aptitude in being able to defend Jokic, but I'll just enjoy the moment for now.

I'm sure Chris Finch will be enjoying it too once he gets out of hospital.

I also look forward to seeing who KD gets himself traded to next. We'll keep Jaden McDaniels thanks.

EDIT: I've just found out that this isn't just the first 4-0 sweep in Timberwolves history, it's the first 4-0 sweep by any Minnesota sports franchise. Yikes.

• Like 1

Minnesota already made its future-mortgaging trade for Gobert. I am curious which near-contender sees him as the piece that is worth giving up squad depth for. If, at 36, he will even be worth that level of return for Phoenix who are well and truly fucked for eons now. The Beal no-trade clause has ruined two franchises - don't expect an NTC in another major deal anytime soon.

The other big dominoes to fall in the next few seasons are probably Giannis and Embiid. Philly might salvage this window but have to feel the Bucks are close to seeing theirs close.

But I think we're fast approaching an era where it doesn't benefit players to constantly try pushing their way into superteams. League FOs got really smart in the last decade and they all run themselves like moneyball operations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krabby said:

I can see someone drafting Bronny to try and snag Lebron

Absolutely. But if they don't someone will certainly sign him undrafted to lure LeBron. 

I could certainly see a team like the Warriors making a play in that capacity if they have the cap space. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Knicks lose despite a 5 point lead with 18 seconds to go, basically the inverse of what happened in game 2.

Fully expect them to blow the series and remind me why even in good years I don’t really get invested in them anymore.

I don't think it lasts. I think the Knicks at least lock it down in game 7. What happens after is probably what you're fearing. 

12 hours ago, LL! said:

I don't think it lasts. I think the Knicks at least lock it down in game 7. What happens after is probably what you're fearing. 

The way this series has gone just getting past Philly is fine with me.  Yes as a 2 seed I should be aspiring them to go further but they haven't got the depth to get past Boston anyway.  But losing the way they did yesterday is really bad vibes.  Reminiscent of the Pacers loss in 1999 which led to Reggie making the choking sign.  That team did pick up the pieces and win the series but this Knicks team has little in common with that one.

Saw that Embiid will face a mandatory 1-game suspension if he picks up a flagrant in game 6.  That just tells me he may as well bring a tire iron to the court with him.  The refs are not going to get him banned from game 7.