FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

Lineker

Spain's government is going to take Rubiales to a sport tribunal, so they aren't letting it lie.

This has kinda dominated the sports news today, so definitely hitting the worldwide media. Such a shame for the Spanish national team in the wake of their World Cup win that this is all anyone is talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Full statement for those interested. Absurd that he's tried to say otherwise, and that pressure was put on her to pretend it was consensual. 

This was actually something well known. She had said all of that days ago when the Spanish federation statement claiming she Said it is was no big deal came out. However now it's an official statement by the whole squad. And that carries a lot more weight, I guess.

26 minutes ago, Naitch said:

I am astounded. I know the Spanish FA has previous for pervading a culture of sexism and misogyny but bloody hell. The evidence is there for a worldwide audience to see, and this really is just completely spoiling Spain's achievement now. Rubiales and all involved in this at the FA should fuck right off.

16 hours ago, Lineker said:

It's driven by the fact that we're in the dregs of August now and there is very little other actual news out there - hence this keeps rumbling on.

Make some news then. 😡

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am astounded. I know the Spanish FA has previous for pervading a culture of sexism and misogyny but bloody hell. The evidence is there for a worldwide audience to see, and this really is just completely spoiling Spain's achievement now. Rubiales and all involved in this at the FA should fuck right off.

Thinking about it, the statement this morning isn't that surprising, when you consider that Rubiales runs the show there...

8 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Make some news then. 😡

no u

39 minutes ago, Adam said:

At least one of the organizations belonging to the RFEF reported Rubiales to the National Sports Council. Not all of them support Rubiales. However, the National Sports Council don't exactly hold any power in this instance so they opened a file, as did the spanish government, with the only organization that could force his resignation. That would be the TAD (Sports Administrative Court), which is totally independent from the RFEF.

There are several steps through all this federal bureaucracy to get anything done, but I still believe it will get done and he'll be out eventually.

• Like 1

• Admin

Spain's entire coaching staff from their World Cup win, except for head coach Jorge Vilda, have resigned over the Luis Rubiales row.

Assistant managers Montse Tome, Javier Lerga and Eugenio Gonzalo Martin, along with physio Blanca Romero Moraleda and goalkeeper coach Carlos Sanchez, have all quit.

Six others involved with the national side at various age levels have also resigned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66629505