FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

Lineker

England's first touch in the opposition half has been really poor so far. Good number of times where a good first touch would open up a quick opportunity but they have to spend a few seconds recovering the ball and the gaps close up. Russo in particular has had a few poor touches.

That said, it's an okay performance so far just Spain have been the clear better team.

England in this game thus far has triggered some dormant part of my brain which, in a standard no doubt set by the men's team over an aggregate of the past few decades, thinks "yep, this is what a typical England performance looks like".

• Like 1

Just now, stokeriño said:

England in this game thus far has triggered some dormant part of my brain which, in a standard no doubt set by the men's team over an aggregate of the past few decades, thinks "yep, this is what a typical England performance looks like".

It definitely feels like we're watching the Spain and England men's teams play in 2010 or thereabouts.

3 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Why are England wearing blue?

They couldn't wear the whites because of a kit clash (dark blue shorts for the women's team).

Paralluelo was incredibly close to a second goal at the end of the half, have to think if that went in the match would've been all but over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, METALMAN said:

Yes. This baby blue is not a canon England colour. If they win this it is going to be widely photographed and pass down time and they should be wearing a proper shirt for it.

I am literally fuming right now.

Well good news for you is that unless England make some serious adjustments, no worries about the winning part.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Yeah I know but teams have worn the same colour of shorts since time immemorial without causing an outbreak of mass confusion.

I misread your post and thought you meant the same colour as the top as opposed to the opponent's short. So, yeah, agreed.

Edited by Twist
  • Like 1