NFL 2023

Lineker

2 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Brutal Ravens loss. 2nd time this year they've just completely coughed up a divisional game win.

Frustrating loss, Easily Lamar's worst game of the season passing, but also the defense just never clicked and gave Watson a chance to get back in it.

I certainly didn’t expect the Giants game to go any differently.  But I will say I’m starting to get late 2021 Joe Judge vibes.  The word at that time was “the front office knows Judge can’t win with this roster, it would take an unmitigated disaster for him to be fired” and then the Giants played football for 2 months that was so unwatchable it felt like the team quit, and moreover, it was clear from the playcalling that Judge wasn’t even attempting to win and as much as we talk about tanking, it’s a horrible look when a coaching staff isn’t even attempting to call competitive plays.

Daboll will be given a pass this year because of the playoff berth/COTY last year.  Because really, how can you keep firing coaches every two years and expect anything?

But assuming the Giants get Daboll his QB in the draft, he’s absolutely on the hot seat entering 2024.  The team has to just look like it’s headed in the right direction.  Because right now it’s back to looking like a rudderless ship.

I mean Marvin Jr is a great consolation prize if they miss out on the top QBs but he’s largely gonna be useless for a year.

It’s so stupid that I’m not only sitting here watching Cardinals/Falcons on RedZone instead of Giants/Cowboys but I’m far more invested in the former game rooting for the Cardinals as if it were a Giants game.

I believe this is working out pretty much exactly how Rodgers wanted it to from the very start.  He might be a quack with medical stuff but he knows football, there's no way this guy watched Zach Wilson play all during training camp and thinks the guy actually brings anything to the table.

So it was easy for him to sit there in week 2 and talk about a possible return this year knowing full well Wilson might play so poorly it becomes moot.

Now in December he can claim it as a win for himself, and say that he COULD have returned and was ready to but it was the team's decision not to.

10 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Uhhh...Patriots just waived a player whose name rhymes with Wack Bones

Where did you see that? All I've seen are all the stuff that he's officially benched. Nothing about getting waived/cut.

1 minute ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Broncos did everything in their power to blow the game and the Bills didn’t want it.  Terrible special teams all around.

Just a wild finish - just crushing penalties at the end there for the Bills and Josh Allen dropping the ball (literally) to keep the Broncos in the game.