NFL 2023

Lineker

Even if he was out for only 3 games, Bengals season would've been over. So better to just have him out for the season anyways to heal. Cincy can at least get a good draft pick now since I think they'll probably lose out or only win 1 game, and come back again next season. 

Burrow has direct fantasy implications for me in 3 leagues:

-In the Dynasty League I'm 4-6, have a 2-game deficit to make up for the playoffs and arguably will be finished if I can't beat Srar this week since she's one of the teams ahead of me.  I did bench Burrow in favor of Goff this week and think he's a perfectly viable fantasy starter the rest of the way but my team feels a bit too inconsistent week to week to go on a run.

-Another random league I'm in I grabbed Kyler as an emergency stash and, again, have him playing this week with Burrow benched because I hated Burrow vs. the Ravens.  Don't feel great about that team's chances but it's slim pickings at QB.

-League I've been in for over a decade I don't have Burrow but I do have Joe Mixon and this is probably gonna raise his stock significantly the rest of the way, he'll be treated as a bellcow.

More annoying than all of this is I have a handful of Bengals playoff-related bets that looked dead in early October, got my hopes back up and now they're dead again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I’d say that about seals another Chiefs Super Bowl appearance too

The Ravens, if Jackson stays healthy, have every shot of knocking off KC. So far this season the Ravens have both a better offense and defense, and their losses have all been the result of "beating themselves". Of course that likely means we're going to Arrowhead for a playoff matchup, which is a place we haven't won at in like a decade.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Chiefs/Ravens AFC Title game to me feels like a fun, close game that the Chiefs narrowly win due to one or two borderline calls and we get the immediate outrage reaction of "The NFL wanted Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl".

John Harbaugh will definitely leave points off the board through some head-scratching decision and those points will end up being the difference. It's happened entirely too many times under him.

• Sad 2