NFL 2023

Lineker

Eagles have gone something like 0-3 since I bought my ticket for the Christmas Day game.

I've also become less excited to attend that game...

• Sad 1

If there's any silver lining for the Eagles, they likely control their own destiny.Β  I say likely because if both teams win out it's gonna go all the way down to the 5th tiebreaker (strength of victory) and while it technically could shift to Dallas it would take a lot of bad teams winning in the final 3 weeks to beef up the win percentage.

I don't care that the Giants have won 3 of 4, they never beat the Eagles and really don't seem they'd have the pieces necessary to hang with them.Β  The Cardinals game wedged in between the Giants games might cause them more trouble because Gannon should be as prepared as anyone to figure out a defensive gameplan.

NFC East winner vs. crappy 7th seed and NFC East runner-up vs. crappy NFC South winner doesn't sound like a particularly compelling first round slate

I mean, I said something similar a couple of weeks ago, but this was bound to happen. Out of 10 Eagles victories, 7 ended in a one score win. Early in the season its easy to get through this kind of stuff when everyone is fresh and healthy, but that just can't keep going into the end of the season when your team is worn out and you're losing pieces to injury.Β 

You know what happens when you don't adjust early enough to prevent this? You lose to Drew Lock.Β 

Β 

Well if this isn't one of the most adorable things ever

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, LL! said:

What a wild ride it's been for Cleveland this season huh?

It’s extremely unfair for the team that I was all set to hate forever to bring Joe Flacco back and make a playoff push

• Haha 4

Kansas City's offense is just not that good anymore, and it doesn't appear they've drafted particularly well on offense in a number of year. Bad line, bad skill positions, etc.

At least their defense will be good for a few years it seems, plenty of times to put enough around Mahomes (it isn't much!) to contend for another Super Bowl.