The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

A simple and quick question for anybody who can answer this.

Is The Last Remnant worth buying? I'm looking for a cheap game (old or new) and something along the lines of being slightly similar to the FF series. Decent game? I'm deciding between this and Fable II (the latter seems the obvious choice, but is more money). Somebody who has played either help me decide :wub:

The combat is pretty good, until you realise that its impossible to realise how it works until like your 3rd playthrough. Story is so disjointed you wont catch whats happening till the second disc.

Theres loads of extra stuff to do though, and its not a bad game per-se. Just not like....Lost Odyssey lets say. But if its cheap and your hankering for a buy, it isnt absolutely terrible.

EDIT: This is about Last Remnant by the way...

Edited by Robu-ster

A simple and quick question for anybody who can answer this.

Is The Last Remnant worth buying? I'm looking for a cheap game (old or new) and something along the lines of being slightly similar to the FF series. Decent game? I'm deciding between this and Fable II (the latter seems the obvious choice, but is more money). Somebody who has played either help me decide :wub:

I'm not sure how similar Fable II is to FF but I really enjoyed Fable despite not being a fan of the genre.

I'd consider BlazBlue if it didn't have twelve god damned characters. It looks beautiful and I'm sure it plays mine, but that totally turns me off in a fighting game.

I know what you mean but I'd rather have 12 solid characters than 20-30 with characters basically being palate swaps. I picked the game up this morning, hard to find but I traded in a couple games and basically got it for 30 bucks. Looking forward to playing it all night. The game up until next month is limited edition only so it comes with the full soundtrack on CD plus an awesome DVD that shows you all the moves and how to do them.

I assume from now till Monday, at least, that's how the last one worked.

Also, I finished Burnout Paradise. That is to say, 101% Elite License. Up to 83 hours gameplay now, that'll be including all the multiplayer though. I still have tons of challenges to do, not to mention more Bike stuff and DLC licenses/challenges/achieves should I ever choose to download them.

This game truly is massive and wonderful. :wub:

Free maps? New achieves? I thought the new achievements were only to do with the Dark Corners DLC or whatever it's called.

Also, we should perhaps do Horde if we get bored with multiplay or more likely, get pissed off with getting our asses kicked. I say more likely, the most likely scenario is us not playing together at all. :shifty: Anyway, they have XP on horde now so that could be interesting.