The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I wanna play something tonight. It's been ages since we've had a big game of something going, as long as it doesn't involve Ruki, obviously.

How do you get into the Gears beta?

I'm up for something. Was thinking might be worth an Uncharted 2 night?

I wanna play something tonight. It's been ages since we've had a big game of something going, as long as it doesn't involve Ruki, obviously.

How do you get into the Gears beta?

I'm up for something. Was thinking might be worth an Uncharted 2 night?

Harm's Way! Room for 8!

I'll wait 10 days and play the beta.

Gears is back? :w00t:

*Goes to buy*

Actually, Apsham, don't you work at Walmart or something? You could do the Microsoft retail expert thing and get a code plus all the fringe benefits that go along with it like cheap Microsoft points and stuff.

Oh lord no - I've worked at Subway now for a year and three months.

I'll wait 10 days and play the beta.

Gears is back? :w00t:

*Goes to buy*

Actually, Apsham, don't you work at Walmart or something? You could do the Microsoft retail expert thing and get a code plus all the fringe benefits that go along with it like cheap Microsoft points and stuff.

Not just anywhere that sells MS stuff, has to be verified partner or something.

Pre-order from Game or Gamestation, get lucky and win a code via some form of social media, get one from the aformentioned Microsoft retail expert thing (whatever it's called) if you happen to work in retail where you sell Microsoft products (dunno if you can con that).

I have a pre-order which will apparently yield a code next Thursday. Pretty sure I can just cancel the pre-order too.

Also, yes, laaaads.

Standard pre-orders don't yield codes, you need to put a £5 deposit down. And you can't con the Expertzone thing, you have to send in a payslip and prove your employee number and stuff.

I imagine it's a little from column a, a little from column b and a little from column c: they're all playing Gears 3 beta.

Now, someone join me in picking up Gunstar Heroes and maybe something else like Golden Axe. I know it's probably cheaper to get the Mega Drive/Genesis collection but I don't think that has online co-op.

I cheated EB Games/Gamestop!

So, I signed up for their newsletter, and they sent one out today saying 'You Don't Know Jack' is $20, and I figured I'd pick that up. I looked over my games, and the only game worth anything that I wanted to trade in was RUSE. So, I took the game to the store, grabbed YDKJ and then I spotted something....'Trade in 2 games and get Portal 2 for $10'.

I thought to myself: could I trade in this new game I would be buying super cheap?

So I bring up RUSE and YDKJ to the counter, saying I wanna buy this and trade in this and then asked....'Hey, can I trade these two in for Portal 2?'

She said that the games had to trade in for $8. RUSE traded in for $14, YDKJ for $12.

So I bought YDKJ for $20, traded both of those in to get Portal 2 for $10, and then bought YDKJ again for $20. I got $80 worth of games for $50! ^_^