The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Wait a holy-fucking minute. Why in the name of god was I unaware of the fact that Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and Peace Walker are having HD versions released on the 360?

The "overseas" edition of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will include...

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (based on Subsistence version)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Subsistence

(which includes: Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Sweet tap dancing baby jesus, and now I find out Witcher 2 is coming out on 360.

Anyone had any experience taking their console abroad?

I'm heading back to Canada next month, and last time I was there, I had my PS2 with me, and it was showing up black and white on the TV, so anyone know if I'll have the same issue with my 360? If so, is there a converter or anything I can buy in order for it to show in colour?

Thanks.

Random question, figured asking in here was as good as anywhere.

Feeling like I should give a Mass Effect game a go. I use mainly my PS3 these days so I'd have to dust off the extra-dusty 360 if I bought the first game. Alternatively I could just buy Mass Effect 2. Which is the better idea? Please select one of the following answers.

a) Buy Mass Effect 1. It is vital for some story reason or such.

b) Don't buy Mass Effect 1. It's inferior in some way so not really worth it (e.g. Assassins Creed 1).

c) Mass Effect 1 is good but not vital, so do whatever you like.

d) Other.

I've found that Mass Effect is actually more expensive in the store than Mass Effect 2 when used - go figure, but this might have something to do with the extra bits of DLC in 2, I'm not sure. Anyways - the PS3 version of ME2 had the comic book thingy that basically caught you up and let you make the big decisions, leaving some out sadly however - but it's enough to give you a different than default view of the game world, which you'll want for when 3 comes out. I think the 360 version actually released the book for download as well, but it costs points and eh, you get it free with a new purchase on the PS3.

Mass Effect is fucking awesome. I'd say the first is the best, it's properly epic without beating you over the head with how awesome its supposed to be. Its got a better story but theres a lot of messing about. I didnt mind the mako driving parts. I'd say it's essential.