The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

As you saw from my weapon skins Niner, I got it simply to save money, let alone not expecting them to be this epic with the DLC they are going to have out with it. The first two alone could be 1200-1600 a pop and I woulda bought them without this pass cause they sound that fantastic.

I'm not video game savvy, so I ask you fellas.

I've had my 360 for about seven years, so what do I need to make my Xbox "Kinect ready"?

I've heard different things ranging from simple fixes (that I just need an outlet to plug in the censor) to more expensive fixes (needing a black 'Kinect-read' console).

The older ones should be perfectly fine, just if you're using one then the Kinect needs it's own power source so you'll need one with a power cable to plug into the wall. The 'S' model Xbox's have a special slot on them that the Kinect can plug into to draw power directly from the Xbox.

Just need to be wary what your Kinect comes with. I dunno if you're planning to buy used or new. Either way, you'll need one with a plug.

I dont know if they still have it, but the other day Xbox had a 1 month Live Gold for $1 deal going on. Cant remember where, but just flip through the tabs in the Xbox menu until you find it, assuming it is still there, for anyone interested. After the month itll bill you $9.99 for each additional month unless you cancel the autorenewal, but still a nice deal.

I think maybe it just automatically loads up your last save upon starting the game, so then you'd need to do as Myke said and go to start a new game and L&D should be there.

Which reminds me, I need to finish off TBoGT soon.

Niners, sorry I hopped off, lost all power at home.

Down for Gears DLC tommorrow then?

I'll be up and on by 4 pm est, which is roughly 5 hrs before when raw would begin if it were a Tuesday to give an idea of when you could expect me, but ill gladly partake.

So, 9 ish? Should work for me just fine.

Yeah, acheivements in the new DLC can be gotten with people who don't have it which will help. :shifty:

Edit - Oh, wait. :/

Gears of War 3's 'Horde Command Pack' has been temporarily delayed.

The DLC was due to be released on Xbox Live today, but has been postponed due to an unknown technical issue.

"The scheduled Horde Command Pack release for Gears of War 3 is temporarily delayed due to a technical issue," Epic's Dom Carey revealed on the game's official forum.

"We apologise to those of you who are anxiously awaiting to play. We know this is disappointing news as we've seen a lot of posts today showing excitement for this content.

"We have folks working around the clock to resolve this issue ASAP so you can all play and enjoy the Command Pack.

"The Epic Games Community team will stick around and keep you posted with any further information. Stay tuned for updates!"

The 'Horde Command Pack' will focus on the Horde mode, adding three new maps and additional fortification upgrades, characters, weapon skins and Achievements for 800 Microsoft Points (£6.80).

It is also being offered as part of the Gears of War season pass, which entitles fans to four pieces of DLC for 2400 Microsoft Points (£20.40 / $30).