The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

What am I, your personal Q&A monkey or something?

You can buy a disc, sure. Technically it doesn't run off the disc, it just uses it as a means to confirm you have the license to play it. if you're in the market though... http://www.thegamecollection.net/red-dead-redemption-game-of-the-year-edition-classics-xbox-360.html?tduid=47962827a3adce9b4e28045a79512da0

I'm not sure what you're referring to with that upscaled reboot talk, they haven't re-released it or anything, it'll just be the 360 version on backwards compatibility. Even then, it's gonna be pretty close to what it is on 360. I've seen talk on some titles where it runs very slightly better on the One, some titles slightly worse.

• Like 1

I went to Tesco for a battery pack - out of stock. Also checked GAME - out of stock there, but they did try to flog me one of their own brand ones. Screw that. 

They have them in Argos, but I'll more than likely just order one with the console at midnight tonight. I'll either be getting the FIFA or BF bundle and it'll cost me under £200 with Baddarina's discount. Should be picking it up on Saturday. 

I did grab Sunset Overdrive for £6, then learned it's part of games with gold already? Oh well, it's still £47 in Argos and I'm in no rush to get gold anyway. I have Horizon 3 waiting for me to play it, too.

Definitely steer clear of Game's own brand play and charge packs. They don't last very long and there's been loads of problems with them not even fitting in the controller properly. We had loads of them returned when I was there. Not as bad as the 360 ones, but still not worth saving a few quid for. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2016 at 04:18, apsham said:

They know what they're doing. The game is constantly throwing new things your way - at the end of every event you get money, XP and fans and then you've unlocked something else, now you have more skill points, you've unlocked a spin of the roulette wheel, you've opened up a new section of events, it's time to go back and upgrade your festival to get even more options for races. And with all of that it doesn't feel pushy either. It's up to you to see the waypoints and when you log back in the driver navigation will say something like "we haven't checked out ___ yet, would you like me to set a waypoint now" and you can just ignore it or get on with it.

Had a lot of fun with it tonight and playing with the girlfriend. Everything she asked about it 'are there cops?' and 'do I have to go somewhere to get my car fixed?' was pretty much answered by me realizing that no, you didn't have to do any of that stuff because the devs realized that it just wouldn't be all that fun. It's a big sandbox and you play around in it however you want.

Started playing this on my shiny new xbox last night. It's great! 

One thing I did have a problem with was the "deconstruct the construction site" mission where you need to get a skill score of 40,000. I noticed it's down as medium, and I haven't got any of the perks apart from the skill song one yet so it would have obviously been made a bit more tricky. But it seemed a bit bugged to me. Like, I'd start smashing through stuff and building my skill score, but then the multiplier would end if my car came to a stop (fair enough) but none of it was counting towards the total. Is this meant to happen? There'd be times where I was only scoring a hundred points as it just didn't seem to want to register. And then, trying it a second time, the stuff I'd already smashed through wasn't re-spawning, making it even harder again. Any ideas? @apsham 

It doesn't matter much, of course, as you can just do other events but it annoyed Baddarina and I that we couldn't do something that seemed straight forward. 

Also, what's your gamertag? I'll add you so hopefully I can have you as a drivetar instead of a bunch of lvl 1's.

The skill streak ends without banking any points if you collide with anything, if you just come to a stop and let the streak timer expire it should bank anything you have. Admittedly I'm only going off FH2 here, but I can't imagine they'd drastically change the base mechanic. Add DragsyTwoSeven if you want another drivatar, I don't have 3 yet, but I'm fairly sure it just goes off data from any Forza game that supports drivatars. 

Nah, you're right. I did notice that afterwards. Although the mission is still slightly bugged as nothing respawns so if you fail a few times there's not a lot left to destroy. Luckily, I managed to get it done in the end, with a little help from Baddarina. :shifty:

2 hours ago, apsham said:

Added you back - but I can't for the life of me find Clubs.

Could be when you reach a certain level? In game it was showing you at around 10. I'm 22 now so it may have come up around the 20 mark. That could also be why I couldn't find an option to just invite somebody.

And tbh I'm not sure what you can do in them anyway, just figured it could be a way of earning one another XP and CR. 

This is odd though because normally the free weekend games just show up in your ready to install section before going away once the weekend is over. They don't usually have you go through and 'buy' it. I did so on the off chance this sticks but they can revoke if it's a mistake, easy come easy go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...