The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

News for those who didn't follow last nights CES keynote from ol' Billy G.

Disney, ABC and MGM are set to join the video marketplace. All you yankees can enjoy yourselves by spending your M$ points on Lost and Hannah Montana.

British Telecom (For those who don't know it's a British company who deals in providing phone lines and internet. They recently branched out into digital TV) and Xbox are teaming up to bring out some form of IPTV set top box. BT already has something it's own set top box so I wonder if they'll just replace those boxes with 360's. If so, I dunno what kinda numbers BT does on their set top boxes but getting a 360 in the lounge of a lot of people around the country will be a good thing for M$.

General news:

SEGA's The Club is set to release a demo tommorow in the UK and Oz and, seemingly, them only. So some of you guys won't be able to experience this shooter. Oh well.

Omega Five and Tron will be this weeks Arcade releases. No sign of either being our freebie. :shifty:

Edited by King Ellis Island

Is anyone familar with the CGS? Championship Gaming Series..always wanted to do a tournie like that and because this forum is probably the most active on the net it would be a perfect setting.

Only one drawback though..everyone would have to have the same games. Have to be one fighting, one sport, one puzzle and one stealth/rpg

If we are doing this Madden thing, I'll shotgun the Hawks obviously. Hopefully the next update will upgrade a few of the defensive players, because if it wasn't for them, we would have lost our playoff game.

As for a Championship Gaming Series thing, that would be cool, but we should try out a few single game tournaments before hand.

Goldeneye (and other Rare titles) to XBLA?

(AKA the sound of millions of gamers simaultaneously orgasming.)

Xbox Evolved has many sources indicating that the classic N64 Rareware title “Goldeneye 007” will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade later this year, as well as many others.

Talking with very reliable sources, and seeing evidence ourselves, Xbox Evolved believes that Microsoft, Rareware, MGM Studios (studio that makes the James Bond 007 movies) and Activision (holds the license for James Bond 007 titles right now) have come to an agreement to bring the Rareware developed Goldeneye 007 out to Xbox Live Arcade shortly before the new game developed by Activision is released.

The title will feature updated graphics, and of course an all-new Xbox Live multiplayer. Not only that, but we have found evidence that Rareware is planning on releasing even more of their back catalog onto Xbox Live Arcade, specifically, Perfect Dark and the original Banjo-Kazooie. Expect more on at least Goldeneye 007 later this year.

No specific mention of Killer Instict which is kinda :thumbsdown: but I guess with the 360 D-Pad being what it is maybe that's not the worst thing in the world. Still, Goldeneye on XBLA would be off the scale. Though, would it be able to fit withing the size parameters for Arcade titles? I can't remember the, ahem, ROM, being that big but I dunno how relevant that is. Plus with enhanced graphics and multiplayer that might push the file size up too. Eh, here's me talking like it's confirmed. <_>

I was just coming here to post this. Goldeneye is huge news, especially since the Arcade has been really lacking lately... but yeah, where the fuck is Killer Instinct? Probably the fact that Nintendo published it, but Rare should just go back and update it like Capcom is doing for Street Fighter HD. It's not like Rare has been doing anything else lately.

Edited by Zero