The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Sales are on!

It's their usual Christmas thing of a bunch of stuff on sale for a week or two and then daily deals to boot. Notable things are a few Marvel games because the license seems to be changing hands (bloody Marvel licenses, this is why Ultimate Alliance is so bloody rare and you can't get DLC for it) and you can get Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for £4.24.

I'm finding it hard to not say no to that, even if I would be guff at it.

Sales are on!

It's their usual Christmas thing of a bunch of stuff on sale for a week or two and then daily deals to boot. Notable things are a few Marvel games because the license seems to be changing hands (bloody Marvel licenses, this is why Ultimate Alliance is so bloody rare and you can't get DLC for it) and you can get Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for £4.24.

I'm finding it hard to not say no to that, even if I would be guff at it.

I have it, we fight!

More sales!

The first episode of The Wolf Among Us is free, I'm once more tempted to cash in my disc copy of Bully for a cheap Games on Demand version, equally tempted to buy Plants vs Zombies on yet another platform and there's various other GoD and XBLA games available too.

Why does the Marvel sale say "last chance" on it?

Does it have something to do with the Marvel license running up for them or something? I think that's what a friend mentioned regarding it.

Finished Arkham Origins and I both enjoyed it but was also disappointed by it.

I liked seeing how everything came together for Batman, especially seeing Joker/Harleen start to form. At the same time, I was kind of meh that they made the whole assassins thing a backdrop to Joker causing a shitstorm again. At the same time, though, I enjoyed it so I don't know. I was just expecting the focus to be solely on the eight assassins rather than them being pawns for Joker. They really should have just made it seven, because Electrocutioner was a fucking joke. The fact that Shiva and Deadshot are both side missions was really disappointing as well.

The fights against the assassins were really good, though. I have to ask, do people enjoy when video games allow you to "play" as a character while a monologue is going on for no reason other than to let it seem like you have some sort of control? I was wondering whether or not it would have been better to just play a cutscene when you take control of Joker while Harleen is talking with him.

Edited by Vitamin E