The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

May 31st is supposed to be the deadline for full restoration. Online play is a "few more days," but the PSN Store won't be back till the end of the month.

Which is frustrating, because all I want is the store. I've got, or will have, three games that I want DLC for (Prince of Persia and Dragon Age Origins, followed soon by my pre-order content for LA Noire) :(

Turns out Jimmy didn't want to go to CAWIFORNIA to visit the Pee Wee's Big Adventure dinosaurs and mourn his dead sister, he just wanted to avoid sales tax. Crazy little idiot savant.

• Like 2

They could have don that forever ago. They like money, thats why they don´t.

When flow was free for a day they tried to keep europeans out by useing a ip control, obviusly you could just proxy around that, but most people don´t know these basic tricks. You aslo can´t enter the US Movie store with a german ip, and they seem to have blocked all or most non US Credit Cards.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

On my third try I seemingly got it. I had it doing it in the background and switched back to it and it was only a Sony splash screen saying it was downloading some information. Then I checked back again and I was on the XMB and it said it had the latest firmware. Haven't seen any prompts to change my password.

Downloaded, installed, changed password and am back up and running again. Store isn't working yet but hey, that's pretty much a given right now.

I think the sign in is part of the staggered process. Everyone can seemingly download the update, but you then need online to roll out in your area before you can log-in and change your password.

Most of the US should be on now. I've been playing Mortal Kombat - with horrendous lag - for the last hour or so. Though I think the lag is just MK, not PSN.