The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yeah, that's fair. For as expensive as they are, I find the PS4 controllers to actually be fairly durable and last quite a while. The rubber is usually the first thing to go but it's usually fine. 

Yup. My left thumbstick is tearing and it's annoying. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2018 at 12:10, Meacxico said:

I use the controller charging dock. I got it for $15 at GameStop and it’s wonderful. I charge a controller while playing with the other.

I got a $10 5 port USB hub.  I can charge my 3 controllers, plus my phone and tablet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ollie said:

God of War is so fucking good you guys. Last night I audibly gasped. Definite GOATOTY contender.

I have just got back from the dark elves bit and I'm really enjoying it but it doesn't feel at all like a God of War game and I don't know if that's good or not yet.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I just haven't been able to really get into Horizon: Zero Dawn, and I don't know why. The world is interesting, the protagonist likeable and the gameplay decent. Something's not gripping me, and I can't put my finger on it.

A buddy of mine who is into these types of games said the same thing. He said it's something he should like but he just can't seem to enjoy it.

I've been playing Mafia 3. I'm probably 3 hours or so in, and I really don't know if I like it or not. The setting is really cool and I like the gameplay, but the missions you are given don't seem very original or fun. Does it get better?

I downloaded Mafia 3 too, and I wouldn't say I'm quite 3hrs in (I've just "celebrated" robbing the money), and I agree, I love the setting and music etc., but I'm finding the cars to be a little heavy for my liking. It seems like Rockstar really are the masters of perfecting everything in an open world game; the cars handle how you expect them and combat is easy to follow, whereas on Mafia the cars are heavy, and on Just Cause 3 they're far too twitchy. Also, the "open world" aspect of Mafia doesn't seem as intuitive; for example, you finish a "mission" but it's not clear you have (eg. you brother being in the car and you have to take him home), or you finish it and it's automatically marked the location of the next on the map and set you up with waypoints to it... what if I want to just drive around?

I'll definitely stick it out though.

In other news, Red Dead 2 looks so good my pants just fell down. I've had it preordered since Jan 2017, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Furhtermore, I just preordered the new Spider-Man, so with that for release on Sept. 7th and RDR out at the end of October, I should be just about finished with Spider-Man before RDR comes out.

Bah. I got to the 'kill 100 enemies' trial and no joke on nothing, got right down to the very last one, a Traveller and he fuckin got me with this thing he lifted over his head :(