The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

A new Horizon game is exciting in theory but I never actually finished the last one, so

Me too. I didn't dislike it, but I had other games that I wanted to play. I'm also a bit tired of open world games.

That looks a bit snazzy.

Fair play for going all in on the white/black aesthetic like the ctontroller, it's certainly a change from the black slab of the 3 and 4. Kinda looks like a modem though.

They're showing it vertical, wonder if you can lie it down at all? Looks too curvy to do that.

That was a lot better showing than the Xbox event a few weeks ago given that they've actually shown gameplay. There was quite a few stuff that I liked the look off but in particular Deathloop

I'm not shocked with GTA5 considering it still makes Rockstar a shit ton of cash online

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Is this Infamous?

Oh man I was so happy up till now with Spidey 2 and Horizon 2 but man a new Infamous would totally punish.

I liked the show, Deathloop I hadn't heard of before but of the new IPs interested me the most.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

As much as I respect Gran Turismo, it hasn't done anything for me since the first one. It was amazing seeing real cars rendered somewhat realistically in 1997, but it all feels so clinical now.

Thems fightin' words mate :angry:

It was a decent set of titles, but nothing made it feel like a day one purchase. More like a bunch of games I'd be happy to pick up on the cheap when I get it down the line. Not really sure what would have made it a day one purchase for me, mind. Did feel like a lot of missed Sony IPs (or games that - if not exclusive to Sony, still tend to be associated with them) though - no word on inFamous, no Wipeout, no God of War, no Uncharted, no Until Dawn, no Tekken, no Crash Bandicoot, no Spyro, no Kojima game, no Nioh, and a bunch more. I assume they will come in time, but right now I'm fine sitting on the sidelines, especially if it comes out with that £600 price tag that's been thrown about.

A much better showing than the Xbox one a few weeks ago. Some games I'm really excited for (Horizon, Death Loop, Spiderman, Hitman), and some other really interesting ones (Tokyo: Ghostwire being the big one). And the look is really, really nice! And a smart decision to get a digital only version, since I think the Xbox Series X is going to be doing the same thing. I might be able to get both at launch if the PS5 digital only one isn't too expensive.

The design doesn't bother me. They could paint a massive cock on the one side and it'd still sell in its millions. 

With that said, I do like it. I like it more now that the ability to have it horizontal has been cleared up. 

Haven't taken a look at any of the trailers yet but Deathloop sounds interesting.