The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

The Last of Us may be one of my favorite story games of all time. Not that you need my permission it's cool if you don't like it, but putting down the character development is kinda silly

Agreed, I think its one of a few games that really hits that sort of high watermark of story telling for me. Really looking forward to the sequel but I'm gonna go back and play the first one first.

Was the dlc ever any good? I never played it but I assume its beneficial before starting the new game?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Agreed, I think its one of a few games that really hits that sort of high watermark of story telling for me. Really looking forward to the sequel but I'm gonna go back and play the first one first.

Was the dlc ever any good? I never played it but I assume its beneficial before starting the new game?

I just played it for the first time the other day and thought it was really cool. You play as Ellie the whole time and it fills in a little of the story they skipped over in the actual game

1 hour ago, Hellraiser said:

The DLC was fun except for the part where you have to defend a wounded Joel in an abandoned shopping mall from waves of enemies. That took me forever when I played it. But other than that it is great. 

Oh yeah I hated that part! I felt so good when I got it right and survived though

30 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Looks like he’s holding a large stone tablet.

"And the loyal servants of Sony did climb the mountain and etched into stone the ten commandments sent unto them by the great Kaz Hirai."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Thiccness confirmed. Might be a bit of an issue having that beast in the living room and it not sticking out like a sore thumb

aoe9bb4kpy551.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

I'm hoping it is designed like that to let air flow properly and not turn the console into a rocket launch like the last two consoles.

• Like 2

It's okay, in 2022 they'll release the PS5 slim, which you'll be able to bring into your house without removing the roof and renting an industrial crane. You may need to unscrew the hinges of your doors, though.

21 hours ago, Benji said:

I'm hoping it is designed like that to let air flow properly and not turn the console into a rocket launch like the last two consoles.

I've had my 3 and 4 both since launch and I've noticed how loud my 4 had gotten. 3 still runs brand new. So the other day I unscrewed my 4 and was disgusted with how much dust was inside. I even took a Q Tip to all the fan blades and sprayed the whole thing out with air. It is practically silent again!!

• Like 1

Yeah a big recommendation I got with the PS3 at least was to take it outside with canned air and just blast the dust out. Makes it run much better.

If you can't go outside to do it try it in a room away from your other electronics. A mistake I used to make was just sending all the dust airborne where it settles back down in the same electronics I'm trying to keep clean.

On 11/06/2020 at 13:46, Bobfoc said:

Maybe it's a long shot, but if they made the maps from the previous games compatible with Hitman 3, like they did with Hitman 2, that would be brilliant.

IO just confirmed on Twitch that all maps and unlocked items will carry over to 3.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...