The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Is anyone else's PSN acting weird? I upgraded my PS3's HDD yesterday and was downloading all the digital games I could (games I had previously bought or just could download due to being a PSN Plus subscriber), but it's acting really unstable; downloads freeze for hours with extreme slowness. Anyone else experiencing this?

I find Gran Turismo to be super boring. But then I don't care about racing games that don't involve the word "Kart" in their name.

Actually I think the only one I enjoy is Crash Team Racing. >_>

Anyone seen the EU PS Plus? Jesus christ, what a fucking great deal that service is. I really hope there's one for PS4.

Suddenly GT6 o_O I wonder how much of an upgrade it is... few more premiums cars and tracks or an actuale step up?

As for plus... fuck you, when am i suposed to play all of this? I bet Plus gets cancelt in five years before i played every game i want that i already rented being a plus member till now.

Naughty Dog has confirmed that if you buy the digital version of The Last Of Us, you can play it before it finishes downloading, a feature on the PS4.

You'll need to wait until it's over 50% done, but that's still good. The snag is that it'll probably be £60+.

Sony's first-party titles usually tend to edge towards reasonable when it comes to pricing. It's usually the third-party publishers (EA being the particular culprit here) who are responsible for the near-£60 price tags on digital games.

Other than digitial pricing, Sony needs to work on getting their digital pre-orders up on the servers at midnight on their respective release dates. Being able to play a game when it's around 50% downloaded is nice, but it's considerably less appealing when the download isn't available until the early evening, as is the case here in Europe.

Persona 2 has urban bounty hunting!

Well, it's more of an NPC scavenger hunt, but it's still a cool concept way before it's time.

And worth every penny

Maybe so, but it's not really an incentive to buy from the store when it's £20 cheaper online (and that includes DLC), and there's even a possibility of getting it a day early.

Give me a reason to buy from the store, and I will.

Ruki! Did you get Persona 2: Eternal Punishment yet?

There's demons that when you parlay with them, they say batshit insane gibberish that sounds like lines from an Ultimate Warrior promo!

I think their idea of choise is a bit strange. It sounds like what you get is Uncharted (which is fine with me) but with areas asides the hallway you can clear out for bonus loot. Still looks nice enough though. After i picked up and played Uncharted 3 i will defenetly take a look at this once the price drops.

I still have the 360 version sitting my in backlog. I wanted to play it over Halloween because spooky but I don't see the point in playing said things in broad daylight, but the night was taken up by watching movies for the same reason. <_<