The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

$10 USD.

Oh wow, they have both chapters.... Eternal Punishment is the one I've played before (and playing now), Innocent Sin was the first chapter but was never released in the US until now (supposedly because a homosexual relationship between Innocent Sin's main and another character was possible).

But yeah Ruki, totally get Eternal Punishment.

Also, as a jumping off point to Persona, really either the original Persona or Persona 3 are where to begin; The PS1 Persona games and the PS2 ones are barely in the same continuity (In fact the MMO that the P3 Main can play for a social link is the only direct reference to Persona 2). The only recurring character is Igor, and even the Velvet Room isn't quite the same. I'm not sure if Persona 1 is on PSN for PS3 though, or if the PSN port has the MAJOR story arc that was inexplicably cut from the NA PS1 release.

EDIT-Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin are set in parallel universes, BTW.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

From what I understand because I never played innocent Sin (because, again, it was never released in NA until recently), Different story, a few different characters, different main character (The female reporter in Eternal Punishment, a male high school senior in Innocent Sin) Gameplay-wise, not sure, but should be the same. Same basic setting.

I think the only PCs who are in both games as PCs are the two main characters and a PC who was in Persona 1 (who I never reached playing Eternal Punishment but I know he's in it).

EDIT- Looked at PSN store again, Innocent Sin is PSP only (N)

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Aaaaah Sony... PSP arrived today, it´s a brilliant deal, everything looks like new/barly if ever used before. I hate UMDs already, the back is noise just because you have to be able to open it but the build qualety issent as good. if the button layout of the GO would not be as terrible i would suggest it... having the disc in there is really noisy and oh so slow compared to getting them of the card so i am not going to play the ones i got (of to ebay <3 ) and defenetly not going to get more.

There even came a 2GB memcard with it wich i think is not included in the Streets main bundle. So i am very happy with that... what i am not happy with is how Sony disalows me to install games i own of different PSP accounts, i thought this was a new deal with Vita... so LBP, Modnation Racers, Alundra and Shadow of the Night of my US Account? Nope, not if i want to play FF6, all my Plus PS+ PSX Titles and Minis. Well fuck you very much. Obviously i immediately flashed the firmware to be able to play the games i actually bought the system for. What will the future bring for young Mr. Matzat? Will he actually buy and slowly download Persona 3 for 30€ or will he much rather just download it quicker and cheaper in a "different" environment now that Pandoras box has been opened? Smart move Herr Sony? I think not. ...it´s like telling people you can´t play your CD in your CD player because you bought it in a different HMV store than the other ones.

At least with the platform being fairly open for the future this means all the games will still be playebell 10 years from now, i somehow doubt that will be the case with many plus titles or even PSN purchases.

Otherwise i am happy with the systems, PSX titles look great, of the memcard stuff loads quickly and the sound dos stop making your ears bleed as soon as you pop in headphones. (of headphones it actually is much better than i expected)

Spec Ops was known to be the exception when it came to that kind of game - it was the main selling point. I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far as well and I've been getting sick and tired of the modern war kind of games myself.

I'm a fan if the setting. Dubai. And Nathan drake as main character.

It's okay, just not sure I really was enjoying running around random dungeons not doing much. I need changes of scenery in my grind every now and then!

The scenery will eventually change! Like...once every 20 floors :shifty:

What Personas are you using? Just curiosity. I WANT UPDATES TKZ! UPDATES!

I just got left in a dungeon that I kept running around in until I was bored and stopped playing. I'm playing the portable version too, which means you can't really even wander around, you just explore like it's a dating sim. >_>

I just got left in a dungeon that I kept running around in until I was bored and stopped playing. I'm playing the portable version too, which means you can't really even wander around, you just explore like it's a dating sim. >_>

That's how it is on the console version too :P You select where you want to go from the main map, and wander that tiny little area.