The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Well. It took all night to install and even longer for me to figure out turning a PS2 PSV save file into a VME PS2 Classic save.. but I now have the full WWF 91/92/93 in my game. Oh hell yeah.

And somehow managed to have an epic 17 minute match that consisted of Shawn Michaels vs. Nailz

Best case scenario will be that people just convert the files and put them on FirePro Club to download for everyone. But glancing over the board it felt like there is an amazing amount of no one gives a shit right now. Might just be a bit of ring rust on the other hand since it´s been ages.
There are some cool "new" animations as well. I remember the booker t spinnaroony being in there was a taunt that is fun. In general the animation qualety here is top notch for many many moves.
I was tempted a few weeks ago to put my KoC2 game back in my PS2 but than i noticed that i forgot my PS2 controllers at my parents place over Christmas time so this comes perfect!

Best case scenario will be that people just convert the files and put them on FirePro Club to download for everyone. But glancing over the board it felt like there is an amazing amount of no one gives a shit right now. Might just be a bit of ring rust on the other hand since it´s been ages.

There are some cool "new" animations as well. I remember the booker t spinnaroony being in there was a taunt that is fun. In general the animation qualety here is top notch for many many moves.

I was tempted a few weeks ago to put my KoC2 game back in my PS2 but than i noticed that i forgot my PS2 controllers at my parents place over Christmas time so this comes perfect!

Yeah, Fire Pro Club is a ghost town, it's been that way since the board's only mod just stopped posting one day and closed registration.

I think there's a new forum called FirePro Arena or something like that.

EDIT- Fire Pro Club's successor: http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/index.php

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Also picked up Amy while i was on the US store. Noticed that i still had 3$ sitting there and they only asked for two. I know it´s gotten terrible reviews and 2$ is unheared of as a PSN "big download" Title but it´s not that i could have used the money for anything elth on there.

How annoying is it to set up an american PSN account? Does it take much work?

Not really. I created a new ID called Fire Pro, setup an American account with a fake address, bought an online $10 voucher thingy majiggy, bought it, downloaded it.

This was all with never having my PS3 on the internet before.

I think it's meant to have a lower RRP anyway because it's something of a glorified expansion pack but, yeah, reviews have not been favourable.

I think it's meant to have a lower RRP anyway because it's something of a glorified expansion pack but, yeah, reviews have not been favourable.

I played about an hour of the original, and it wasn't great. The reviews for that were pretty bad, so I figured they'd at least learn from that and make the follow-up decent at least.

Wait, did they close the online sales tax loophole already? Because I live in Florida and I've never paid sales tax on PSN purchases.

Yeah, current sales tax law is that you can purchase online without sales tax if the company you're ordering from doesn't have a physical presence in the state you're in.

They're trying to change that though.