The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I actually prefer toxicity. It keeps you from staying in one area and camping around for too long or massively slaughtering like 20 animals and not moving around and just eating the food. Forces you to keep moving and to rely on the underground.

• Like 1

Hmm, you'll get the hang of it soon. I don't think there is bad run's of luck usually (as a Pom, I did encounter the Shops full of tigers at year 10... bad luck), you just become much better at the game. When I first started off, I was averaging around 10-30 years. Now I can easily hit 60 with pretty much every animal. You just get used to different strategies. The way to go is to look at your missions and schedule your path accordingly. For example, if your first batch of missions tells you to travel to Suburbs and than you gotta go to the Woods, you map out your travel location and adjust according to food levels. If the sewers has jack shit for food, you gotta go above ground. If the sewers have moderate levels of food, you travel there but make sure to travel quickly. If there is plenty of food down in the sewers, take your sweet ass time.

Honestly, knowing where the sewer goes and links up is key to success in the game. I think if I recall correctly there are entrances in suburbs, station, woods and park east. When you start your game and look at your missions, trace your path. When you start playing more and more, you'll figure out different strategies. If you gotta mark a lot, you wanna be in the station/dogzenka area as really easy to knock off like 8 markings. If you need a big kill list/caloric intake and there is an event happening in an area with non-lethal animals, put it in your travel plans.

• Like 1

It's okay, I thought I'd be a lot more into it than I ended up being.

Likewise. Wife was even interested, but as is usual, she never touched it after I bought it. Ran through it once with the robotic dog. Left a bad impression when a tiger was about to one-shot me when I was at full health.

Probably just European. US members get screwed compared to them.

Euro-PSN has been on a roll these last few months, but the NA PSN has seen some highlights. I believe we'll see some good stuff come down the pike in the next few months, not least of all when we get closer to the PS4's launch.