The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I find it strange they put that on 360 considering that series is PS exclusive.

I think that was Aksys's decision, seeing as the fighting game engine is based on BlazBlue which is available for both systems.

I didn't have fun with the demo we had at our lock-in because there was a bug with the look inversion option, so I spent half the time looking at the floor (great view of the back of Joel's head, too) and the other half not being able to shoot the runners, shoot shoot the runners.

Looks very pretty though, and when the controls worked, it handled well also. I think I'm going to like it a lot, although the constant control pop-ups and quick-time pop-ups took me out of the experience a bit (I think the former can at least be switched off).

And since I've not played my PS3 in quite some time, I'm going to switch it on now in hopes that the system updates will have finished by June 14.

Get a shield with 100% block. Nothing else matters. If you can perfect parries even better.

After blocking don't keep holding it down. You'll recharge stamina faster.

Don't rush, keep circling if you can. Bottle neck if you can't using stairs.

That should help Matz. Or play noble and ranged magic hit here and there.