The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Compared to you lot who have been getting excited about The Last Of Us, I've been waiting impatiently for another release - Remember Me. Finally it was out today so I snaffled it up from Tesco. The trailer I saw looked a little juddery so we'll see if that was improved before release.

It ticks all the right boxes for me - near future, dystopia, technology, cyberpunk, high-concept, female lead character, British accent etc. Bandied around as Assassin's Creed meets Mirror's Edge meets memory jacking.

Hope it's good.

news_remember_me_explores_neo_paris-1377

Remeber-Me.jpg

I don't mind a linear game if it tells a good story. Sandbox is overrated. As for combat, I prefer avoiding it where I can anyway.

Oh, me neither, I hated the change from Arkham Asylum to City for example. But I've reached a point where I at least need some exploration and the illusion of an open world at least. I blame Final Fantasy XIII.

Just had a bit of a scrap. It's very Capcom with regards to it being a bit of a button mashing affair. However as you progress through the game you develop attacks which you put together into combos. Some moves have more power, some recover health when you use them. It's a clever idea in theory. We'll see how clever it is in practice as I get further through.

As the fight was going on the music went all glitchy electro opera. The closest I can think of it when the blue opera singer is performing in Fifth Element. I liked it.

The pop up signs for everything looks really good. Makes the most of it being a game and being able to include "impossible" graphical touches.

Also liking the fact that you can find little information caches where you can read up on the past and on what has happened. Builds in the backstory as much as you want to immerse yourself.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/uncharted-3-xcom-lbp-karting-free-for-playstation-plus

Uncharted 3 and LBP Karting will be free on PSPlus this month. Looks like I'll finally beat Uncharted 3, seeing as I got a free month subscription e-mail yesterday.

Plus xcom!