The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Tekken Rev is the free-to-play offshoot of the card game. Pick a character, battle, earn XP, boost stats, buy stuff if you're impatient.

I suggest that if you like it, go get Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 6 for stupidly cheap. This is no more than a swipe-at-money beta test for things they'll implement in Tekken vs. Street Fighter.

I've went with my old standard, King. I beat Arcade mode on my first try (hey! Ogre isn't super cheap, even no where near as cheap as he is on Very Easy in Tekken 6!) and I fought a single online battle which I won. I don't know how much I'll actually play this because:

a) I hate losing

b) I'm terrible at the game

c) I might have a heart attack if it looks like I'm going to lose

But it's nice to have there and it's not like you can get all that addicted. You start out with so many tokens, but as you use them they get replenished every 30 mins, etc.

• Like 1

Me and Summ were just having this exchange on Twitter but when the games are upwards of 10gb, it does kind of take the thrill out of this thing. Like, seeing LBP Karting go up made me think it might be fun for a quick blast but you have to factor in the fact that it'll take many hours to download. (And that's before patches)

Hopefully the PS4's thing of being able to play whilst you're downloading will help, especially when you imagine that games will only get bigger now it's next gen and developers (of multi platform releases) now don't have to worry as much about compression and stuff since Xbox is Blu-Ray too. If you were able to just stream your instant collection though, that'd be sick.

Though, didn't you have to reach 50% of the download or something for that to kick in? Obviously you probably wouldn't be able to play if you'd only downloaded 1% or something.

Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet Racing are also being added today. You can also download Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Demon's Souls and the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection this month.

All in all good shit. Also, if you managed to sign up in time you still would have been able to snatch the old "big" titles.

I am happy about uncharted 3. Though about picking it up for 20€ a cupple of times, so this is perfect.

Though, didn't you have to reach 50% of the download or something for that to kick in? Obviously you probably wouldn't be able to play if you'd only downloaded 1% or something.

Wasn't the 50% thing regarding The Last of Us on release day, and not the PS4?

Why wouldend it work below 50%? THe PS4 has the system power, you can play a game just like you can play a youtube video before it finished loading. Obviously a 12gb game might need some extra time untill it has the engine and the first level ready to go but i don´t see why it needs to be 50% if the downstream is handled by a different processor entirely.

Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet Racing are also being added today. You can also download Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Demon's Souls and the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection this month.

All in all good shit. Also, if you managed to sign up in time you still would have been able to snatch the old "big" titles.

I am happy about uncharted 3. Though about picking it up for 20 a cupple of times, so this is perfect.

Those old big titles still there now? Or do they end today?

It was Motorstorm Apocalypse, Infamous 2 and LBP 2. They just got switched out today so I'm pretty sure you're out of luck on that front. That's why I signed myself up the other night because I beat Infamous earlier this year so the second will be nice to have.

And I only said 50% because that figure sprang to mind from some earlier event or article online or whatever, evidently it was from Last of Us. Obviously it's their big focus for the PS4 but doing it with LoU does make me curious to see whether they'll be implementing it to that degree on PS3 from now on or if it's just because this is such a big title.

EDIT: Just looking at the PS Store on the PS3 itself, Infamous 2 et al are all still listed under the Instant Game Collection bit so I suppose you might get lucky if you got on it sharpish, not sure since it's already listed as purchased for me. The website was updated with the new stuff though and that's where I 'purchased' it from.

Jesus christ, Sony. I don't have that much time. Seeing as PS+ will be mandatory soon, I might get it started now. I just have to start the downloads to keep them permanently, right?

So to get all the stuff, even if I don't want the game yet, I just start then stop the download?

Jesus christ, Sony. I don't have that much time. Seeing as PS+ will be mandatory soon, I might get it started now. I just have to start the downloads to keep them permanently, right?

So to get all the stuff, even if I don't want the game yet, I just start then stop the download?

As I understand, yeah. I mean, I was kinda asking myself, but it looks that way. I know when I last reinstalled a PS+ game I could just download it again.

You don't even have to start the download and cancel. I was just adding everything to the basket on the website, purchasing it and then it added it to my download list. From there you can actually start the download.

Uncharted just finished. Seems like they added some servers for today. Downloads rarely are this quick and seamless.

I am surprised that Little Big Planet Raceing is 2gb bigger than Uncharted. Well, uncharted offers the multiplayer in a different download, but still, a 14GB Kardraceing game? Woha!