The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Slightly tempting subscribe to PS+ now-ish and get Infamous 2 et al and then the next lot, as well as all the other stuff. Even though lord knows I have enough shit in my backlog. :shifty:

Any decent deals in the UK? Seen a years sub for like £33 online...

Slightly tempting subscribe to PS+ now-ish and get Infamous 2 et al and then the next lot, as well as all the other stuff. Even though lord knows I have enough shit in my backlog. :shifty:

Any decent deals in the UK? Seen a years sub for like £33 online...

Annual subscriptions are cut in price to £30 every few months on the Playstation Store. Otherwise, I've read that some Blockbuster branches are offerings them for as little as £27.96. Then again, my local Blockbuster outlet closed down months ago, so I can't check to see if it's a nationwide deal.

More Remember Me stuff:

Onto the second episode. Loving the posh surroundings. Looks very beautiful. Just fought some actual troops and I do like the combo stuff and I love the overload move to finish them off. Music continues to be great and builds all the time that you continue your combos and don't get hit.

Title screen is groovy.

Music is brilliant - mix of electronic and classical.

Intro is great. Good credits.

Graphics are clean with pleasing bright colours. The quality is similar to Deus Ex which is fine by me.

This has piqued my interest. I remember (ha!) quite a while ago seeing something about it and being intrigued, but then it all but disappeared until it suddenly came out, usually not a good sign. Definitely going to borrow it when we get enough traded in.

I would heartily suggest Dragsy borrowing it.

I'm going to assume that it will get some price drops relatively quickly and in that case the rest of you should wait a little while as no doubt it'll be under £20 before too long. The environments it provides are beautiful to be fair. The slums are squalid, the sewers and subways are skanky as you'd expect, but anything in the posher or older areas are utterly lovely. La Bastille is pretty cool too.

I've run into loads of different types of enemies now with different ways to kill them. Nilin (main character's name) has continued to power-up nicely and has some great special moves. My favourite might be a kind of sticky bomb which you shove onto the chest of an enemy before cartwheeling away. Cue an explosion and all the enemies around him getting blasted away excitingly.

It's quite Uncharted or DMC in that you tend to find yourself entering a room and then fighting a gaggle of enemies at once rather than ones and twos around every corner. However, there's plenty of variety in circumstances to keep things fresh. You can also keep re-arranging your different combos, stringing together the moves you've gained in the order that you want. Some are powerful, some regain you health, some powerup your special powers and some multiply the effects of the last move. Some boss or mini-boss fights require you to change those combos around to best suit the fight, which is smart.

It IS linear (you can't climb what the game doesn't want you to climb) but that never hurt Uncharted, Resident Evil etc so if you go into the game expecting that kind of experience then you'll be just fine.

Just signed myself up for PS+, next gen be damned!

'Purchased' the current set of freebies, seen a big list of avatars and themes which I don't think I can be bothered to download. Anything else I should know about/download?

If anyone else is considering PS+ I've got a code for a free month that I'm not going to use. It does state you can't use it if you've had a free trial previously so not sure if that includes after the hacking thing, and presumably it'll be UK only though I could be wrong. PM me if you want it, though you'll have to wait til tomorrow evening as I'm away with work.

Just signed myself up for PS+, next gen be damned!

'Purchased' the current set of freebies, seen a big list of avatars and themes which I don't think I can be bothered to download. Anything else I should know about/download?

How much was it? And where from?

If anyone else is considering PS+ I've got a code for a free month that I'm not going to use. It does state you can't use it if you've had a free trial previously so not sure if that includes after the hacking thing, and presumably it'll be UK only though I could be wrong. PM me if you want it, though you'll have to wait til tomorrow evening as I'm away with work.

I'd totally be interested.

Tekken Rev is the free-to-play offshoot of the card game. Pick a character, battle, earn XP, boost stats, buy stuff if you're impatient.

I suggest that if you like it, go get Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 6 for stupidly cheap. This is no more than a swipe-at-money beta test for things they'll implement in Tekken vs. Street Fighter.