The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So just started Saints Row The Third thanks to ps+. I have a feeling it's going to be fun.

Also thinking of starting one of Kingdoms of Amulaur, Demon Souls or LOTR: War In The North to slowly chug along through.

Staying at Baddarina's til Monday, and I brought my Vita with me. It means I can get back into WipEout, and possibly play some more Virtua Tennis.

Btw, EU plus subscribers are getting NFS Most Wanted in August. I'll definitely play with whoever wants a hand online.

My controller won't charge. Is that a typical problem?

So just started Saints Row The Third thanks to ps+. I have a feeling it's going to be fun.

Also thinking of starting one of Kingdoms of Amulaur, Demon Souls or LOTR: War In The North to slowly chug along through.

I really enjoyed KoA. Sad it's the only game they ever put out

Staying at Baddarina's til Monday, and I brought my Vita with me. It means I can get back into WipEout, and possibly play some more Virtua Tennis.

Btw, EU plus subscribers are getting NFS Most Wanted in August. I'll definitely play with whoever wants a hand online.

Most likely me. :shifty:

Kinda chuffed that that's getting added though. Been on my wanted (no pun intended) list for a while and always figured I'd get it on 360 since I had Burnout on there but hey, 'free' is free. Plus Spec Ops and Mafia are nice too.

Stores usually, if anything, make the bundles worse by only selling the system with about 4 games at the same time, sending the price sky rocketing.

You could always take it at that price and quickly flip it for a profit? :shifty:

Oh shit. I've got the opportunity to pre-order a PS4 for under £280. I cant really afford it but that is cheap. Yay or nay?

Also, is there likely to be a bundle that works out better value at launch?

Share the deal!

Oh shit. I've got the opportunity to pre-order a PS4 for under £280. I cant really afford it but that is cheap. Yay or nay?

Also, is there likely to be a bundle that works out better value at launch?

Share the deal!
Sadly, it's an employee rate thing.

How can you not afford it? You can save up for it several month and if it is nearly as bad sold out as the ps3 was at launch you can likely make your money back on ebay + 200 quid once you have it. I´ed preorder it in a hearbeat just for that free money... what could go wrong?

This weeks PSN sale has The Walking Dead, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD and Little Big Planet Karting on the cheap, and I don't get paid til Wednesday. Think it might be overdraft time.

Just finished the Assassins Creed 3 Liberation for the Vita. It got a little mocking flak for having a girl being the one to finally change into different costumes for accomplishing different goals, but in all honesty I don't see why. I had a blast, and if you arent trophy hunting its a really great game to just sit back and play.

I've never played any of the other ones, so I can only rate it on its own merits. And based on that, it is an 8.3 from me. Some minor glitches appeared, and there is a LOT of collectables (great for some but not all) and multiplayer trophies, which just turn me off. (I dont like getting rewarded based on how others play). But it controls well once you get the swing of it, moving from tree to tree or house to house. Not Infamous good, but decent enough.

I just got Blaze Blue Calamity Trigger new and sealed in original playstation 3 wrapping for 1,99€. o_O

I am not even into these arcade fighters, but it has good test scores and looks fairly decent in style. So why not. Nice deal.