The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

AFAIK it's not amongst the list of things added today but for whatever reason, NBA 2K13 is free on PS+. Just managed to add it to my basket and 'purchase' it. Not sure how long it'll last mind. Or if they can reverse it. Worth a go though.

Hmm, apparently it's meant to be free in UAE instead of Spec Ops The Line which just got added for Europe. Not sure if it'll work for you Yank types.

I left it on last night to download and install. Did the same for NFS but it didn't patch it for some reason, I'm pretty sure PS+ is meant to do that but it hasn't so it needs another 2gb on top of the original download. Don't know if NBA will need anything like that mind.

I was reading that they've similar occurrences of the NBA thing in the past and they haven't revoked the licenses for people that downloaded it so touch wood we should be able to keep it. I'm interested to give it a bash as I often hear that this is one of the best examples of the whole 'be a pro' thing. Basketball probably lends itself a lot better to it as well since it's a smaller team size and playing area and you're able to be more active as both defense and offence. Same for hockey too. With FIFA you're normally stuck at either end of the pitch or risk yourself getting too tired running back and forth.

I wouldn't mind if there was a way to team up against the computer in 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 or something. We'd get slaughtered online. Probably get slaughtered against the computer too mind but it'd be less demoralising.

Wow, just wow.

NBA 2k13 is great fun. I just really suck at it. I'm not sure how to dunk or do lay ups.. driving passed people isn't easy either.

Defence isn't easy either. Need to get more rebounds and figure out blocking shots/passes.

I got a terrible rating on the opening MyCareer rookie game because I was struggling to work the controls out. I think I improved a little in my first NBA match after having been drafted by the Thunder, but I'm still absolutely terrible at the game right now. I'll keep at it, though, because I'm really liking what I've seen of the game so far.

Did you try the training mode, Summ? There's a few separate tutorials that go over various aspects of offence/defence and at the end of each one you play a little game against the CPU where you have to score a certain number of style points by using the different things you've learned. There's a lot to rememer though, I'm sure this game has more controls than a flight sim.

I tried a little of the rookie game but it didn't go well. Think I need to do a little research on what position to play as. Just playing around in the freestyle training was fun though, screwing around and taking shots from all over the court.