The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I literally couldn't remotely get into Persona 3 at all on the PSP. Apparently 4 is way better. Either way, it sells for about the amount it goes for, so even if I can't get into it I guess it's not that bad. >_>

I think Microsoft and Sony both announced their first party titles would stay the same price-wise. EA said RRP for next-gen will be £55. Although to be fair, the current-gen RRP for most every game is £50, so I doubt much will change.

Also, Hotline Miami out on Vita this week!

That's always the way at first. I remember when I first go the 360, I almost bought King Kong for €70 because it was the only launch title that interested me that I didn't already have.

Madness.

I think Microsoft and Sony both announced their first party titles would stay the same price-wise. EA said RRP for next-gen will be £55. Although to be fair, the current-gen RRP for most every game is £50, so I doubt much will change.

Also, Hotline Miami out on Vita this week!

Probably will be for EA. Same game every year, but charge £5 more than average <_<

Prices will likely be £50 on release, then go down to £40 with the first console price drop, like how it was for a lot of retailers this gen.

I've gotten my Vita! Little Big Planet is as wonderful as ever on it. Mrs. TKz has the crossplay version of LBP2, but apparently you can only play that on the account that the Vita is linked too? That kinda sucks, I was hoping I could just like... play online and connect to her game, or something.

Haven't tried Uncharted yet, ordered Persona 4 Golden though. I really hope I get into that more than Persona 3. Might pick up Gravity Rush soon enough. Wasn't very impressed with the Soul Sacrifice demo, though. I kind of feel like third person hack and slash games don't work so great on portable consoles. You need to be able to zoom out more. Maramasune Rebrith looks fun, shame it'll probably take a decade to come out in the EU.

Also, holy shit the 4gb card is basically useless. I was going to go digital with my Vita, but the cost of a 32gb stick is way too much and the default can barely fit anything. Persona 4 is 5gb, for example. I was even going to download FF8 just to have it on there but that's 1.5gb and would've been nearly half the card taken. :P

Soul Sacrifice is ace, it didn't feel like a run of the mill hack and slash to me, what with all the spell management.

I got a 32gb card once I got on PS+, but only because I had stuff to trade in and I got some really good prices. It is prohibitively expensive normally. Which is a shame.

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe going for 16gb instead. Mostly because I don't think there's going to be enough games for the Vita yet to justify 32gb of space. Though, this is really the sort of thing I should be spending more to future proof it.

I couldn't get into it. Felt like I couldn't see shit because of how closely zoomed in the game was. I picked up PS+ again last night and downloaded Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and Sine Mora or whatever it's called. Also got Kindoms of Amalaur and Catherine downloaded too. I doubt I'll ever get the time to play them, but nice to have.

Also man, LBP. They should definitely think about doing more for the Vita, because I'd buy the shit out of it.

So I got paranoid that my Wii had died last night (I'd actually turned off the plug by accident), but it got me paranoid about losing my game saves on my consoles, so I finally plumped for PS+. What games do people recommend? I've gone for Kingdoms of Amalur, ICO, Shadow of the Collossus, and Catherine so far. Anything else worth downloading?

I'd actually say skip Demons Souls and pick up Dark Souls at some point, if you're interested at all. Demons Souls really put me off, where as Dark Souls is a much more refined experience.