The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The girls is Persona are adorable. Totally makes me want to watch more Anime. It's like being a virgin all over again.

Yukiko and Chie are both great.

How many party members are there? The loading screen has a few more than the main four and I noticed I recently had the option to remove party members.

The girls is Persona are adorable. Totally makes me want to watch more Anime. It's like being a virgin all over again.

How many party members are there? The loading screen has a few more than the main four and I noticed I recently had the option to remove party members.

There are 7.

There are 7.

That's three more than I currently have! Man, 16 hours in and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

There are 7.

That's three more than I currently have! Man, 16 hours in and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

The games are huge. I got to about 60-65 hours, and I still had a few more dungeons to go. Persona 3? My save must have 80-85 hours.

As for the other characters...my main team was still Yosuke, Yukiko and Chie. The other three are....ok. Great in cut scenes/story, but in battle they leave something to be desired.

Need some help, I need to backup my PS3 data but I am incredibly bad with this sort of stuff, I wanna get a external hard drive, my PS3 is 160GB, does it matter if my external hard drive is bigger than that? I've read that the PS3 won't recognize a external hard drive that is bigger than whatever is on your PS3. Secondly, I've read that backing up the data isn't really hard, it does take awhile, but I just got saved games on my PS3, no music, movies or anything like that, should it take very long?

I been looking through Best Buy and found this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canvio+Slim+500GB+External+USB+3.0/2.0+Portable+Hard+Drive/7732058.p?id=1218858759389&skuId=7732058&st=external%20hard%20drive&cp=1&lp=3 will that one work with the PS3? Do I need to reformat it or anything before I backup my data?

Any help would be appreciated, I am kinda horrible with all this stuff, but I feel like my PS3 is about to die out soon, and just wanna have all my stuff saved.

Thanks, man, I'll take a look. I thought I wouldn't have to back up my files since I got Playstation plus and it automatically backs up my saved files to online storage, and I could just redownload it, but someone told me it doesn't work like that, so it's better to have it all backed up on a hard drive. Just hoping it doesn't take too long.

If its just save games why not just get a USB stick and do it the easy way? Even with my millions of Pro Evo edit files I fit everything comfortably on a 32gb stick prior to my old PS3 finally giving up. Cheaper and less hassle.

Ya, I think "no gamez!" is something to be shouted at in the first three months of a console release. And even then its idiotic.

I come from a generation that owned 2 games a year, maybe 3. You got them and liked them. We are pretty entitled to the 2 games a month "must haves" releases these days, and I don't really like the mentality that even that isn't good enough for some.

I seem to remember the "no games" line being thrown around for the PS3 well into 2010, when it was already apparent that it had a very sizeable library of critically acclaimed titles, perhaps more so than either of its main rivals.

People believe what they want to believe, I suppose, much for the same reason that the Xbox 360 has retained its reputation as the Red Ring of Death machine and the Wii is perceived in many circles as a system that caters exclusively to children and old women.

It's funny that many of the people who condemn a system for supposedly having no games are usually the first to defend another console, be it the Vita, Wii U or whatever else, against the same line of argument. But then, fanboys will be fanboys.

IMPORTANT UPDATE. After going to a bunch of used book stores taking advantage of the same sale on the most expensive item you buy that got me the PS3 for crazy cheap, this is what I've ended up with: the first two Uncharted games (the first one is my dad's copy which he got and never ever uses because his PS3 is just for watching BluRays and Netflix), Infamous, Ni no Kuni, LittleBigPlanet, Final Fantasy XIII, aaaaaand Dragon's Dogma. The last two is because the selections at those stores, not great.

But anyway, I figure that's as good a place to start as any.