The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

By the sounds of things, it's based on the 'classic' mode from the PC version and if you have a game on that, you can transfer your save game between the two so that'd be very cool.

And no, Summ, no word on PS+ yet but it's usually around this time of the month so I suspect they were saving it so they could make that ACIII announcement today and we'll probably see a full list in the next day or two.

FM 14 on Vita?!

I have a boner.

Should be awesome. You can download the PSP version of FM 13 and play that on the Vita, but it'll obviously be a far better experience once taking advantage of things like the touch screen.

Playing the PSP version on there never appealed to me, but I'll get 14 for Vita on release, as chances are I won't get it for PC for a few months after, if at all.

I imagine it'll have some kind of network play?

It's not out in Europe this week, and they haven't revealed a release date yet. It could well end up being one of those games that gets delayed over here for no apparent reason, much like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Or it could come out next week. Right now, nobody knows.

Yeah, alright, that's enough of this game. Mercenery isn't a bad game, but when they started making an FPS for the Vita, they really should have stopped to think "Fuck, is a 5 inch screen really big enough for multiplayer FPS?". Feels like they really should've gone for a game more like Left 4 Dead or TF2 where you don't need to aim, just shoot in the general direction. Hitboxes seem really inaccurate, too.

The connection maintains pretty well and apart from aiming, it controls okay. It just doesn't feel like it really fits. It also suffers from the Killzone problem of thinking anyone has the slightest fucking idea what it's multiplayer modes actually are. It never bothers to explain, either. I mean it's not a bad game, I just don't think it works on the console it's on.

Checking out Football Manager Classic for the Vita makes it a must-buy. Pretty much the same as the PC version (save a few bits and pieces) and you can switch between versions. My careers always went further in the PSP version due to me playing it on the bus/train/toilet etc so the Vita version is must buy.

Played some more Mercenary, only further made me think this is the absolute wrong console for this game. My hands are fucking aching like crazy after an hour or so and I'm playing with a controller add-on that should prevent that. The vita gets really hot and makes your hands sweaty, which means you slip off of the controls plenty. Worst thing: I thought, hm, maybe it's the gun I'm using. So I played enough to buy a new one, didn't help. Then I thought, well, a shotgun would require less accuracy and might make the game more fun. It would... if it weren't for the fact that I can empty 3 rounds into an enemies torso and they still won't go down.

Just kind of disappointed, overall. So glad I got the chance for the beta and didn't waste money on this.

PS+ EU Update coming Aug 28th:

PS3 -

AC III

Jak and Daxter HD Trilogy

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark

Vita:

Urban Trial Freestyle

New Little King's Story

Personally, I've been doing AC on 360 so I probably wont use ACIII here but getting J&D is pretty sweet as that's a series I've always wanted to check out. Hopefully the R&C and Sly Cooper series turn up on Plus one day. Stealth Inc I think only recently came out on PS so that'd suck if you just bought it. :shifty:

Think Urban Trial Freestyle is a Trials HD looking thing so that'd be a good game to have on the go. Don't know much about LKS apart from Skummy's gushing praise for the Wii version.