The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

What's a good adventure game on the PS3? I've played all the Uncharteds (and love them) and the Assassin Creeds (which are alright) and am currently going through my second playthrough of Skyrim but I'm looking for something else. Something that feels like a blockbuster adventure. Preferably something I can pick up on the cheaper side second hand.

That PS4 Bundle is a hell of a deal. I'm holding off on the new consoles till Dragon Age, but I doubt they'll have dropped the price by then, so if that's still available, probably the route I'll go.

Played PS4 yesterday! Or maybe Sunday. The last two days are blurring together. Anyway, the controller is interesting. It felt really light to me, maybe because all the game demos I'd played before that were on the Wii-U or the 360 (there were XBox One games there but I didn't play any of them :(). It's not horribly awkward or uncomfortable or anything so that's nice.

Unfortunately the game was Driveclub and I had no fucking clue what I was doing. It took me like two minutes to realize that steering was done by tilting the controls, and another minute to realize it was like Gran Turismo or whatever were it required light movements to get anywhere, which is totally antithetical to my racing game style that has been born out of playing Mario Kart and nothing else ever.

So yeah, I've been binging on SR3 lately and might get SR4 over the holidays. I'm actually doing multiple playthroughs with the different voices, starting with Female 1, who I decided sounded and talked like a character from the anime Black Lagoon so I made her into that character (well, as accurately as possible anyway). The Male 3 (the Brit) I struggled to figure out a character for but I eventually gave him a "American Martial Arts movie villain" motif. Next is the zombie.

This current playthrough though I'm doing the stuff that I didn't the first time, namely the Saintsbook stuff. Assassinations are fun, the car theft missions range from fun to "oh come on, how the fuck am I supposed to pull this off". Good thing I have the notoriety wipes.

I've been meaning to say this for a while, but Playstation Plus is incredible and I was really surprised that I could still download games that were removed from the plus page to my new hard drive by going through my recent purchases.

I just wish there was a "download all" button so that I could just press it and leave it on for a few nights until it's sorted :/

Can you still not buy anything on PSN unless you apply increments of credit to your account? I have like 80p left over and am tempted by Silent Hill at like £1.50 but the last time I wanted to buy something I had to add a minimum of £5 and that was years ago. I've had the left overs of that fiver just sat dormant and that 80~p is all that's left of it now, don't want to add another fiver and leave it sat there again.

Also, Dark Souls 2 beta application. Not sure if it's just Europe or not, I think I read that somewhere.

Not done playing the first Uncharted yet, but my review goes something like this; I really enjoy it when it's action-adventure vs. evil mercenaries, really don't enjoy it so much when it's survival horror, and am actively hating the part where it's both at once.

• Like 1

Not done playing the first Uncharted yet, but my review goes something like this; I really enjoy it when it's action-adventure vs. evil mercenaries, really don't enjoy it so much when it's survival horror, and am actively hating the part where it's both at once.

Thank you!

My favorite part of Uncharted was the exploration and the scenery, followed by some fun third person combat. But by the third one, it felt like such a chore to get through the combat that I totally lost interest.

Yeah, I bet I'll feel the same way. The second one is a ways off on my playthrough of All the PS3 Games I Missed, anyway, so maybe the time away will do me good.

Next up, Ni no Kuni.