The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Finally picked up SR3 too.

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG AWESOME AND HOLY SHIT THAT SUBLIME DUET TOO <- My reactions so far.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I've never been one for buying stuff on finance, but shopto's PS4 options are pretty tempting.

With a £50 deposit, I can pay around £15 a month over 24 months, paying roughly £70 in interest.

I really don't fancy paying out £350 before Christmas, but I do want the console. This seems a definite, affordable option.

I bought Dragon's Dogma (the updated release, with the additional content).

Anyone played? Reviews seemed mixed, but moving towards the positive. Thought it would be worth a shot.

I played the demo. It felt like it could've been a solid action game but was pulled down by a bunch of crap. Didn't like the pawn system, would have rather had a straight up co-op mode. The controls felt a bit awkward too, which is kind of a big thing when you need a tight system for some of the crap you're trying to pull off in boss fights. Definitely one of those games that seemed like it was worth waiting to drop in price.

Ultimately it was a Capcom game in 2013... personally, I don't think they've done anything solid of note since the PS1 or PS2 days. Unless you really like Devil May Cry or Dead Rising. (which, I don't)

It is.

Looking at different things really. I want one asap after release, but if I have to wait until after Christmas, by then I'll comfortably afford it outright anyway without the need for a credit card/paying on finance.

A lot will also depend on how I get on with GTA. I don't power through games so if I'm still playing and enjoying that come November (good chance that I will) I might favour waiting it out in any case.

Not to mention PES 2014 being PS3 only.

I don't see the point in paying on finance. If you're willing to pay an extra £70 then you might as well get an Xbox One. That way you get FIFA 14 thrown in, a step up from that PES nonsense. :)

I think I'm going to wait until next year to buy the PS4. With GTA V and all the Christmas releases I want coming out for PS3 anyway, I'll just hang on for a year. That way I'll get it cheaper, have a decent backlog of cheaper games to play. It'll take a lot of dicipline to not buy it but being an early adopter has no real benefit. I know that from buying a 360 in 2005.

Bwahaha. Wonderful Farcry moment. Just ran a pirate roadblock but was close to where I wanted to go so didn't want to drive around for a while losing them. So instead I ramped the jeep up over a ridge and into a swamped area. Jumped out and hid behind rocks.

First two guys ran over, checked out the jeep (which was cool) and I sniped them before they realised where I was.

Then one of the crazy knife-wielding shotgun guys came charging towards me but another bad guy in a jeep ramped up over the ridge, seemed to lose control, ploughed over the crazy guy (killing him) and then smashed the jeep right into the rock wall (killing himself).

It's those moments in gaming that make me smile.

• Like 1

Downloading Jak Trilogy after selling my physical copy.

Also, I only just realised they did a New Little King's Story for the Vita. That, and it is free on PS Plus. Fuck. Makes me wish I had a Vita, even though the reviews are fairly average. Loved the original.

Downloading Jak Trilogy after selling my physical copy.

Also, I only just realised they did a New Little King's Story for the Vita. That, and it is free on PS Plus. Fuck. Makes me wish I had a Vita, even though the reviews are fairly average. Loved the original.

Just add it to your download list and you'll still be able to play it if you ever get round to buying a Vita. Well, as long as you're still a Plus member, that is.

I love PS+ for Vita. Since I got my Vita I've only actually purchased three games. Yet I have about 15 at least.

...saying that, I think my most played game so far is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night... but still, that's a damn good deal. And I got that for like £2 thanks to PS+!