The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Quote me where I say the wii is shit.

If you are going to say I am making two different arguments, could you at least make those arguments actual statements I have made?

Because "I had a hard time finding games I liked for the wii versus other systems I owned, so I won't likely get its predecessor" seems to be the statement I made, and that doesnt conflict at all. Hell I even make a statement about games I LIKED for it, that gets ignored.

Christ, I can't say "I don't see myself getting one?" without you guy jumping down my back due to my own personal experiences with it? And it's "bat shit stupid"?

GIANT fuck you.

Well first off, do calm down as that is a bit of an overreaction seeing as no-one actually went beyond a civil debate there until, well, this post.

Second of all, to Pizza... yeah, Rider never said the Wii was shit; however, Rider, you did say this:

Outside of Mario/Zelda the list of games of any quality for the wii numbered in the tens.

Which implies the Wii has very little to go for it in quality games (which is not actually true). When Skummy rebutted that with a few choice examples, you then responded with:

Great. To counter "tens of games" you list off "tens of games." That really showed me.

So, to summarize here for you: You were making a point that the Wii didn't have a good game line-up, which was a point that quite frankly needs to be argued against because when you break it down, it does. Its quality games do number higher than just 'the tens'. We're not jumping down your throat because you're not getting the Wii U or you didn't like the Wii, we're arguing your point that the Wii didn't have a lot of good games. You can't play the victim card on that-- you made a statement of opinion that stands contrary to ours, and while you've every right to do so, we've every right to state why we don't agree.

Again though, saying that Rider even once claimed that "The Wii is shit" is an over-exaggeration of the point he was trying to make.

Still more than happy to provide a list of more than 'tens of games' that are good on the Wii. Give me a reason to get long-winded on your ass, I dare you :shifty:

Quote me where I say the wii is shit.

If you are going to say I am making two different arguments, could you at least make those arguments actual statements I have made?

Because "I had a hard time finding games I liked for the wii versus other systems I owned, so I won't likely get its predecessor" seems to be the statement I made, and that doesnt conflict at all. Hell I even make a statement about games I LIKED for it, that gets ignored.

Christ, I can't say "I don't see myself getting one?" without you guy jumping down my back due to my own personal experiences with it? And it's "bat shit stupid"?

GIANT fuck you.

Well first off, do calm down as that is a bit of an overreaction seeing as no-one actually went beyond a civil debate there until, well, this post.

Second of all, to Pizza... yeah, Rider never said the Wii was shit; however, Rider, you did say this:

Outside of Mario/Zelda the list of games of any quality for the wii numbered in the tens.

Which implies the Wii has very little to go for it in quality games (which is not actually true). When Skummy rebutted that with a few choice examples, you then responded with:

Great. To counter "tens of games" you list off "tens of games." That really showed me.

So, to summarize here for you: You were making a point that the Wii didn't have a good game line-up, which was a point that quite frankly needs to be argued against because when you break it down, it does. Its quality games do number higher than just 'the tens'. We're not jumping down your throat because you're not getting the Wii U or you didn't like the Wii, we're arguing your point that the Wii didn't have a lot of good games. You can't play the victim card on that-- you made a statement of opinion that stands contrary to ours, and while you've every right to do so, we've every right to state why we don't agree.

Again though, saying that Rider even once claimed that "The Wii is shit" is an over-exaggeration of the point he was trying to make.

Still more than happy to provide a list of more than 'tens of games' that are good on the Wii. Give me a reason to get long-winded on your ass, I dare you :shifty:

tumblr_mb0lbtk5h81rgxvrgo2_500.gif

• Like 3

Skummy just made me realize I really need to get back into the Wii. I've missed out on a ton of stuff.

I've gotten myself in trouble though, I'm basically hoarding games and now have a massive backlog of shit I really need to get to before I buy anything else. I'm three games behind in Assassin's Creed, need to play Borderlands 1 & 2, Dishonored, Dead Space, New Vegas, Spec Ops and finish Skyrim... and that's just on the 360. I gotta stop doing this.

Skummy just made me realize I really need to get back into the Wii. I've missed out on a ton of stuff.

I've gotten myself in trouble though, I'm basically hoarding games and now have a massive backlog of shit I really need to get to before I buy anything else. I'm three games behind in Assassin's Creed, need to play Borderlands 1 & 2, Dishonored, Dead Space, New Vegas, Spec Ops and finish Skyrim... and that's just on the 360. I gotta stop doing this.

Same here. Out of 50 or so games I own through Steam, I've finished 8 of them. <_<

So the Wii U pro controller is basically a mash-up rip-off of the 360 and PlayStation controllers. Or, to put it alternatively, it's the Wii U's regular controller, just without the screen. Not sure why anybody would want one, given that you apparently can just use the Wii's controllers for non-tablet play, but that's just me.

And the 360 and Playstation controllers were both modelled off old Nintendo controllers, so calling it a "rip-off" is a bit strong considering it's a) near-identical to the Wii's Classic Controller Pro, and b) made by the company who invented the cross-shaped D-Pad, Analogue Stick, shoulder buttons, and the button lay-out that's been more or less the model for every single gamepad since the SNES. Gamepads are pretty standardised now anyway.

For games that don't require the tablet, a conventional controller would be far better, so I can see why it exists.

The placement of the right analog stick on the Wii U pro controller is weird though. I haven't held it, so I'm sure it's functional, just odd.

I'm still undecided on the Wii U... I'm sure I'll eventually get one, I always stick with Nintendo, but is it something I should get now or wait a year or two?

Iwata: I agree. The unique feature of the Miiverse is being able to send drawings, not just text. But since the advent of the internet, there have always been those who have used it for unsavory purposes.

Kurisu: Right, auto-detection of bad words is very simple.

Iwata: Yes, text messages may be easy to moderate; however, drawings are much more difficult.

Yuzawa: (laughs) I think I know where this is going.

Kurisu: Let us get this out of the way then. (laughs) We anticipated that some users would draw…

Kato: Can we even say the word?

Iwata: Go ahead. (laughs)

Kurisu: Ahem, uh. Some users would take to drawing penises.

Everyone: (laughs)

Kurisu: Well, it’s true. It seems to be more of a phenomenon found in the west.

Motoyama: Yes, we never had such a problem with our Hatena services. But, when we brought Hatena Flipnote to the West, we were caught off-guard by the amount of penises drawn by people.

Kurisu: So the team and I had to come up with a way to create a system that auto-detects those types of pictures.

Kato: Kurisu-san suggested we study different types of penises in order to create figure out the relative shape and size people would draw. We spent a week doing that before we realized that we should have been looking at drawings of penises rather than real-life pictures. (laughs) We were very embarrassed about that.

Kurisu: My judgement on these types of situations is poor. (laughs)

Motoyama: After a week, we made very good progress on the system. Then we tested the system with Nintendo of America and told them to start drawing. It went horribly.

Kurisu: What we learned is that people enjoy drawing penises. Multiple ones. (laughs) The system was not prepared to handle that.

Iwata: I do not think your team anticipated how difficult this would get!

Kurisu: No. (laughs)

Yuzawa: I was disheartened myself. We spent a few more weeks trying to get a system working.

Motoyama: Nintendo of America really took the system to its limits.

Yuzawa: You know what surprised me. No one drew a single vagina.

Everyone: (laughs)

Iwata: So, in the end, it all worked out?

Kurisu: Yes, we can safely say that we have a very good system to detect penis drawings. Hopefully player’s Miiverse experiences will be a fun one!

The things that we need to spend money on. Really guys. -_-