The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Classic Controller is pretty great with Brawl, too, but that can get pricy. Frankly, I'm sick of buying new shit for the Wii, though. I don't want to dump another However Much Money on MotionPlus to play Zelda. On the other hand, I really like Zelda. :(

I haven't even tried playing Smash Bros with a Gamecube controller yet, or even a Classic. Far too used to the trusty sideways Wiimote.

And, yeah, I barely ever buy games for the Wii. Mostly because there aren't many, and the only place that sells games locally at anything other than an excessive price (HMV) doesn't bother ever getting any new Wii games in apart from Dance Game Variation #7.

That said, today I did play the new Kirby Game, and it's an awful lot of fun. NGamer magazine put it best when they say it's exactly what you remember Kirby being like first time round - it's actually better at being Kirby than the original Kirby, it's just exactly how you remember it. It's simple, it's easy to play, but it's fun, and it's adorable. Three Waddle Dees walking around in a patchwork Giant Waddle Dee costume is fucking genius.

I also played Kirby Mass Attack recently on the DS, but can't handle the excessive touch screen control. Absolutely adore the pinball mini-game, though, especially the (admittedly really easy) Whispy Woods boss level.

But, yeah, unfortunately the Wii is a bit of a lame duck at the moment :(

I wouldn't mind a Wii but in terms of the second hand market, being a 360 or PS3 owner is much more fruitful. Want to pick up a good title for those systems if you're just jumping onboard? A few pounds.

If you want Super Mario Galaxy, the original one, it's still like 15-20 pounds!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have or have played Fortune Street yet? I just bought it last night, only played it for a little while, but it's quite a bit of fun. Just hoping it doesn't get old too fast as it might get repetitive after a few games.

I tried to play a game with my friends...was fun enough, but it crashed partyway through. That could be because it was a copy from the 'store'.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the 3DS games, it really depends on whether you liked the N64 stuff. Starfox, Rayman, and the latest Mario Kart are all fun. Also, anything that also has a console version turned out well (e.g. WWE All-Stars).