The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

10 hours ago, Sousa said:

ahahahahaha I just got to the scene in Birthright where you run into Camilla (purple-haired woman from Nohr) again and there's this animated cutscene that's basically LOOK AT HER BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS and it's hilarious.

She's the one who fawns over you at the beginning, right? I mean, the whole Nohr family does but her overly the top so. I figured that her boob window would get a cutscene.

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

A few times now I've fed Lilith and she hasn't gained any stats :/

Edit: Almost every time I feed Lilith now this happens! GET MORE STATS

Also, why can't I inherit skills when I defeat an enemy in their own castle? Or is that for children?

I don't know if it's related - but you can upgrade Lilith's Shrine. I did so once and it said she could become an even stronger dragon now. I don't know if that is related to your issue or not.

9 minutes ago, apsham said:

She's the one who fawns over you at the beginning, right? I mean, the whole Nohr family does but her overly the top so. I figured that her boob window would get a cutscene.

She's the one. It's hilarious because Fire Emblem cutscenes are usually at least marginally purposeful (even Awakening's least useful one introduces the relationship between Chrom and Sumia a bit) but this one is just BEHOLD THE BOOBS. I can't even get feminist umbraged about it.

5 hours ago, apsham said:

I don't know if it's related - but you can upgrade Lilith's Shrine. I did so once and it said she could become an even stronger dragon now. I don't know if that is related to your issue or not.

Hmm...maybe I'll hold off on feeding her for now then. She's like level 25...and not gaining any stats. When can I upgrade the shrine?

CcLqP1vUAAA0IVs.jpg

Doing this means your avatar won't have a kid though. :(

Also I didn't do this on purpose, but I picked Dark Mage as the avatar's secondary class, and since Rhajat starts as a Diviner, this is one of the only ways to get her to be a Dark Mage (which is a Nohr-only class). So basically I traded the avatar having a kid to make a lesbian witch coven.

• Like 2

I did the same thing.

I also just hit the cutscene that you were talking about. Not only is it "HEY BOOBS" but the relationship that she has with the player character is creepy as all hell "Oh little sister come here, I've missed you oh so much. Oh.. hmmph.. is that your NEW big sister?". Imagine that with a voice director who told the actor to be as sultry as possible.

• Like 2

It's cool, she doesn't support anyone. <_<

I keep doing this thing where I underestimate how hard an enemy is going to get hit and then get the avatar or someone weak like Mozu killed in one hit. Just happened in the chapter with the werewolves. I'm a weenie so I hard reset every time.

My party is getting pretty beastly right now, though. Ryoma and Hana are probably my strongest married couple--Ryoma is an absolute monster when he joins and it turns out Hana makes a great Priestess. Rhajat's parents are sitting out permanently now but she has two Diviner parents so she's a great Sorcerer. Azama as a Great Master has been the biggest surprise--you'd think he'd have high Magic growths but he's got one of the best Strength progressions in the game, and he's got enough Defenses to tank and take a hit and can heal other people when he's not hitting things hard. He's fantastic.

Awakening and Birthright are both good games to start with. Birthright is probably a little easier since it has Phoenix mode, which basically makes it impossible to lose.

What little I've played of Conquest is great but I wouldn't make it your first FE game.

• Like 1

Got my first few S level supports, they may not be optimal, but they just seemed to go well together (personality wise) in my mind...

Avatar x Oboro....managed to get their daughter in a pretty hard fight.

Subaki x Setsuna....the physical embodiment of perfection and a total airhead/clutz? A match made in heaven!

Silas x Mozu....big city knight and the friendly farmer girl. Another great match! 

Also working towards Hana x Hinata to make a super power samurai baby.

Trying to figure out who to pair Kagero, Kaze, and Rinkah up with. The current crop is meh...but I might wait to see what else crops up.

2DS with a download code for Mario Kart for $80, good deal?  And with a trade in I can get both Fates games for $40 or Birthright, Conquest and Revelation for $50 along with it.

For the new 3DS, here is the schedule for the SNES games so far:

March 3rd: Pilotwings, Super Mario World, F-Zero.

March 24th: Super Mario Kart, Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country.

April 14th: A Link To The Past, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 2.

I know it's a business move, but I can't help but be a little disappointed that these SNES games will only be compatible with the new 3DS. I hope Nintendo makes as many of the current Virtual Console releases available on the NX from day one, although it wouldn't necessarily be the decisive factor behind a purchase for me.

On another note, rumours are circulating the Nintendo could be funding Beyond Good and Evil 2 as an NX exclusive. Again, that wouldn't necessarily be pivotal in my decision to pick up an NX, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1