The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

A little something for those in the UK, if you have a Sainsburys near by that sells games, they appear to have a sale on, it covers all systems but I'm posting here since they have a few first party Nintendo games at a good price, I checked hotukdeals yesterday and saw that they were selling Majora's Mask and Luigi's Mansion 2 for £20 each, I checked my nearest one and got Pokemon Y for £15, the only other one I saw at a sale price was Mario Golf for £15, the rest were mostly Nintendo Selects that tend to be around £15 anyway, So this deal is pretty good, it just depends on whats on offer at your store.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to find out what the NX actually is. The rumour mill has churned out all sorts of things, and I'm eagerly awaiting E3, when we'll hopefully have a clear idea of what's in story. I'm really hoping that it will be something that does something interesting and new, but as long as it isn't just a gimmick for a gimmick's sake. Honestly, I'd be completely satisfied with a Wii U-style gamepad/big screen hybrid that third parties actually support, but most people would probably reject such an idea.

The rumoured specs for the NX and the Playstation 4.5/Neo/4K are supposed to be very similar but I mean - yeah, I want to know more about what the hell the NX is actually going to be. And even then - if they aren't getting third party developers on board and/or making other strides, I don't really know if it's going to be worth sitting through another generation of Nintendo products. All signs are pointing to something good at least.

• 2 weeks later...

From the reviews it seems like a throttled version of the Wii U game due to hardware limitations.

And on a seperate note, is the Wii U worth grabbing now or waiting for a price drop, I've been tempted by the £199 bundle with Splatoon with most of the titles I'm looking to get being first party and will be pricy either way.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

I don't know if I would recommend somebody to get the WiiU at this point. It's still pricey and there is literally no games coming out anymore. The only reason at this point to buy it would be to play the games with multi player components. Like once the Splatoon servers are off, that game is useless. Ditto for Mario Maker, to an extent. Are you dying to play Smash Bros or Mario Kart online? Probably buy it. Don't care about Splatoon or online play of Kart or Bros? Wait till later. 

• Like 2