The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

For Christmas, I received $100 worth of Wii Points cards. Five cards. 10,000 Points.

I still haven't finished spending all the points Thus far, I've gotten the following: all of Megaman 9's downloadable content, World of Goo, Mario Kart 64, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire, & Comix Zone.

3,500 points still left and I'm waiting on Smash Bros 64 to come out in January so I can pick that one up. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied.

For Christmas, I received $100 worth of Wii Points cards. Five cards. 10,000 Points.

I still haven't finished spending all the points Thus far, I've gotten the following: all of Megaman 9's downloadable content, World of Goo, Mario Kart 64, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire, & Comix Zone.

3,500 points still left and I'm waiting on Smash Bros 64 to come out in January so I can pick that one up. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied.

not sure if your into homestar runner and/or point and click adventure games. But if your a fan of either and you dont already have it check out tell tale games Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People series....its aaaaweeesssooooommmme!

Ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod.

Battle Arena Toshinden. Back. On the Wii.

Early childhood marking.

Shots

!!!!!!! Dude!!! How much and when?!! Me and my buddy we're literally just talking about Toshinden and how it was full of the awesome and how it deserved one more round..I'm literally marking out so hard right now I'm shaking.. oh how I miss thee.. and the shots don't work so I can't check the awesomeness out getting one of those "cannot send request submission" or whatever.. might be a browser issue.. but BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN MO-THER-FUCK-ER!! Males me happy I didn't buy that PS3 off that crackhead.. >_>

Oh and is anybody up for a few games of Brawl?

I only started playing Trials & Tribulations a week or so ago, because I completely forgot I bought in in like, October '07. So I jumped from Justice For All to Apollo, then back to T&T. Either way, all Phoenix games > everything else on the DS. Maybe not EBA, but Phoenix is a series, so nyeh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say Professor Laytons Curious Village game is one hell of a bundle of fun. Its got a fun little whodunnit midsummers murders style story, but the main point of the game is the puzzles. Some are directly related to the story, where a lot are just kinda random. Its hella fun, and a lot of the puzzles are rather testing. I think its something for everyone cos me and the GF have both played and we manage to find opposite puzzles hard or easy.

Recommended (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

So, fun local multiplayer games for the Wii that aren't Mario Kart, Brawl or Wii Sports? Got some friends over tomorrow and we'll blast through the usual fare pretty quickly so am wondering what else there is. Boom Blox looks fun but I'm not sure how it would go down.

Cheers for any suggestions.

Smash Bros, Guitar Hero, Mario and Sonic, any of the Mario sports games, Mario party can be fun for a while. RedSteel is supposed to be good, ditto to Sega Superstars Tennis. Other than that you're probably looking at the likes of PES and FIFA, the reliable brands of sports games unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

The new SVR got good reviews too, if that's your thing.

Cool beans. Thanks for the help; picked up Boom Blox and am having a ton of fun with it thus far and World of Goo is downloading as we speak. Also picked up Eledees/Elebits for £8, just based on the fact that it looked like a fun, little casual time killer but haven't played it yet. I've been too busy going for all the medals in Lylat Wars to really play much else right now. Goddamn Sector X

• 2 weeks later...

In holy shit news, Nintendo has shipped its 100 millionth DS:

Nintendo accounce sales milestones - 100 million DS systems shipped and 83 software million-sellers

See press release below:

March 11, 2009 - Somewhere - perhaps in Paris, maybe in Chicago, possibly in Tokyo - the 100 millionth system in the Nintendo DS™ franchise has been shipped to a retailer or distributor as of March 6th 2009. The combined total sales of 100 million Nintendo DS systems, Nintendo DS Lite systems and Nintendo DSi systems represent a significant milestone in the life of this franchise, which is still going strong.

Since the original Nintendo DS launched in early 2005 in Europe, its dual screens, touch screen and voice-recognition capabilities ushered in an era of new experiences not previously possible on portable systems. The successor, Nintendo DS Lite, launched with a slimmer, trimmer look.

The third iteration of the Nintendo DS hardware, Nintendo DSi, launches in Europe on 3rd April. Nintendo DSi includes two cameras and the ability to record, manipulate and play sound files, and will allow consumers to personalise their very own Nintendo DSi experiences. It will again transform the way people access, experience, create and share portable content.

From the beginning, consumers around the world responded to the novel software options available on Nintendo DS and this is reflected by the fact that as of the end of December 2008, there were 83 Nintendo DS titles, the global shipment of which exceeded 1 million, and seven of them topped the 10 million shipment figure. . Experiences like Nintendogs and the Brain Training series began a paradigm shift for the industry, as video games grew beyond the traditional audience of young men to include girls, adult men and women - and even seniors. Traditional games like New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart DS keep people coming back for more. Nintendo DS games demonstrate an "evergreen" quality: They frequently remain in the top-selling lists, months - or even years - after their launch. The system continues to expand into new territory with titles such as Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? and Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine?

Nintendo DS fast facts:

Nintendo DS launch

Nov. 21, 2004, in North America

Dec. 2, 2004, in Japan

March 11, 2005, in Europe

Nintendo DS Lite launch

March 2, 2006, in Japan

June 11, 2006, in North America

June 23, 2006, in Europe

Nintendo DSi launch

Nov. 1, 2008, in Japan

April 3, 2009, in Europe