The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Yeah, if you're going to play MGS, play Twin Snakes. The original MGS, and many other games from the PS1 era, are almost unplayable due to how fucking ugly they are. Graphics don't make a game, unless that game is 3D and was made between 1995 and 2000.

Soooo, dos any of you DS owners use display protection? I actualy have no idea why you would need one for the top screen, with the system being closed wen not in use... but on the touchscreen it might be interesting.

From what i read the protection gets bad reviews often, becaus it decreases sensetivety and/or scraches very fast. - But do you really need it or did Nintendo build something that dos not scrach if you use it with caution?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, if you own a Wii but don't have Excitebots, there is something wrong with you. It's completely chaotic but fun on such a crazy visceral level that it's irresistible. If you can handle how out-of-control the game is (mostly on purpose, I think), you'll have a blast.

Thanks for the recommendation Sous. I was literally off to buy a Wii game this evening because I bought Boom Blox a few months ago and am getting tired of that one... it was fun the first time with the friends, but a bit boring after a while. Excitebots sounds like exactly what I needed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JukeboxHero

Thought I'd throw this in here instead of making a new topic. Anywho...

I was at a used games store earlier today and saw a system called the FC Twin. It can apparently play both NES and SNES games on it. I looked around online and also found one called the Retro Duo, which does the same thing.

Anybody own those or anything like them or have any recommendations? Do they work well?

My DS Lite shiped yesterday! Countless very long Train rides will be filled with pixel RPGing.

It arived today, and it is already fully capebell of playing Sega Gennisis and SNES games, gnihihihi.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 2 weeks later...

new Scribblenauts looks like it's going to be utterly lovely.

Got Monster Hunter Tri today. Not really done much, only played for an hour or so, and it was fairly generic, but I can already feel it gnawing away at what's left of my social life.

• 1 month later...

Just beat Mario Galaxy 2 (not all 120 stars, but won the final battle). Anyone else got this? I'm enjoying it even if it's basically a Mario Galaxy expansion pack.

Also,

WHOMP'S FORTRESS!? WHAT!?

:w00t:

• Like 1

Got it as well. It's a good game as much because it is one of the games I can play with my girlfriend around, as she likes to watch it. I'm in the 3rd 'World' I guess but I'm only getting to play it from time to time.

I'm working on the 120 green stars now... and I don't really see it as a Mario Galaxy expansion pack. If it were any other franchise, this would be considered a mega sequel, but since Mario is always different every time around (okay, minus the star collecting and kidnapped princess stuff), it doesn't seem like a full blown sequel.

I don't really mean the "expansion pack" thing as a criticism, considering Mario Galaxy is easily my favorite game of this console generation.

Edited by Sousa