UFC News and Discussion Thread

I'm trying to get into UFC more, so if anyone could help me with a few questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyone know what time this starts, and about when the Lesnar fight will be on? Also, are there any undercard bouts worth checking out, or does the whole card look to be pretty good?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm trying to get into UFC more, so if anyone could help me with a few questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyone know what time this starts, and about when the Lesnar fight will be on? Also, are there any undercard bouts worth checking out, or does the whole card look to be pretty good?

The event starts at 9 EST on Spike TV, with the PPV portion starting an hour later. UFC usually tries to start the main event fights around midnight EST, but that's not a hard-and-fast rule.

The whole card looks pretty good...this isn't like boxing where the undercard is a bunch of nobodies, you've got Jake Shields who could be in line for a title shot if he wins, Tito Ortiz who is one of the most successful fighters in UFC history, and Gabriel Gonzaga whose only losses have been to the best of the best. Plus UFC normally tries to fit in the most exciting of the "dark matches" by showing them during breaks in the PPV, so you're guaranteed to see the best action.

• Like 6

Prelim spoilers

• Jon Madsen def. Gilbert Yvel by TKO (R1, 1:48)
  • Chris Camozzi Def. Dong Yi Yang by SD
  • Sam Stout def. Paul Taylor by SD
  • Daniel Roberts def. Mike Guymon by submission (R1, 1:13)