UFC News and Discussion Thread

Just read this awful article. The writer, Paul Magno, is saying that Cain's win is a victory for boxing over MMA. He justifies this by saying that the fight proved that all a boxer would need to learn is how to stop a takedown and if that was to happen the wrestler would be lost, and says that any MMA guy would have to learn an entire new discipline if that was ever to happen. Utter bullshit of course.

Just read this awful article. The writer, Paul Magno, is saying that Cain's win is a victory for boxing over MMA. He justifies this by saying that the fight proved that all a boxer would need to learn is how to stop a takedown and if that was to happen the wrestler would be lost, and says that any MMA guy would have to learn an entire new discipline if that was ever to happen. Utter bullshit of course.

At this point the waning boxing guys are all grasping for straws and trying to save their sport.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Well he's right. Somebody with strong MMA boxing who literally couldn't be taken down *would* be very hard to beat.

It has nothing to do with Cain/Brock, of course, but he's not wrong.

Well he's right. Somebody with strong MMA boxing who literally couldn't be taken down *would* be very hard to beat.

It has nothing to do with Cain/Brock, of course, but he's not wrong.

He'd do well against a wrestler who can't box, but not against an MMA fighter who knows how to kick.

I remember a certain Mr. Ali losing a fight due to leg kicks. A famous boxer at the time he was, if I recall correctly.

To his credit, sometimes tone versus text does get a little mumbled. That said, even I can recognize that nothing to do with Cecil is ever to be taking seriously. Unless we're discussing his ignorance.

Powerhart, first rule of being a mixed martial arts fan on the internet: discredit Peoples at every given opportunity in the smarkiest way possible. Think of him as MMA's 2002/03 Triple H.

To his discredit, Gene Kiniski is defending him. That's pretty much the end of the argument isn't it?

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Lesnar's camp has apparently come out and said he wants to face 'Big Country' Roy Nelson next... I think this is a good but risky move for Lesnar... If he faces Mir it will be a big money fight that he would be odds on favourite to win. I think Nelson is a talented fighter, who despite his size has ok cardio, I mean the guy went the distance against Dos Santos.

As a fan I wanna see Lesnar take the challenge and go Nelson, as a realist you would expect the UFC to go the money match and have Lesnar vs Mir III