UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So now we get Brock/Mir III, and Cain/Dos Santos. Two huge draws right there.

At least UFC was able to make a new superstar tonight, that's something they have a really hard time with normally.

I saw the whole show over at Buffalo Wild Wings...good show overall.

First two matches were pretty good, with Schuab looking good against UFCs resident Gatekeeper, and Ortiz vs Hamill being a decent fight. Sanchez vs Thiago was awesome, Sanchez finally looks to be back on track after a long period of iffyness. Jake Shields is a big ol' Hug Mummy, he just doesn't excite me at all.

The main event. Holy crap, BWW was loud as hell. And when Velasquez knocked Lesnar with that punch that sent him twisting across the ring, the place just exploded. Also massive, massive cheers for when Velasquez won. A really exciting main event with a disgustingly hot crowd made this, overall, a fun show.

So now, Cain Velasquez has Junior Dos Santos lurking in the wings. Two of the younger stars in the Heavyweight Division, both guys really hard strikers...that fight is going to be a hell of a thing, but I gotta imagine that after tearing through Lesnar like that, Velasquez has that fight in the bag.

Missed all but the final fight. Brock's cut was nasty, and Cain hit him with something fierce that just sent Brock reeling for 2 minutes of a beat down until the fight ended. It's not the last time we'll see Lesnar-Velasquez, though I assume Brock's next fight will be a rubber match against Frank Mir. Winner of that would have to get a title shot. I could see Lesnar-Velasquez II happen next summer. I doubt JDS is going to beat Cain, but when you have guys at this level anything can happen. Often time it's just one lucky punch that separates the two.

From Bryan Alvarez tweeter:

Brock and Undertaker had a staredown and exchanged words after the fight. Not making this up, Ariel Helwani was doing the interview.
Interview will be up shortly.

Up already on his channel, that was utterly random.

From Bryan Alvarez tweeter:

Brock and Undertaker had a staredown and exchanged words after the fight. Not making this up, Ariel Helwani was doing the interview.
Interview will be up shortly.

Up already on his channel, that was utterly random.

Brock mentioned in one of his very first interviews when he left WWE that he had heat with Undertaker. Taker apparently didn't think Lesnar respected professional wrestling, and apparently hunted him down at Brock's last WWE event confronting him about leaving.