UFC News and Discussion Thread

It's just weird. It's like watching it, he's like "Man I'm surprised, Brock is a beast, I didn't expect him to lose like that, he's just such a fierce competitor HEY BROCK. HEY YOU FUCKING PUSSY. WHAT. YOU WANT TO FIGHT. WHAT. FIGHT ME BITCH. FIGHT ME. Oh, okay, nevermind that. Anyway, Brock Lesnar; hell of a guy."

• Like 2

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I really doubt UFC would put Lesnar-Mir III as Brock's next fight, Lesnar would have alot to lose in that fight and won't be able to go back into title contention if he lost. Mir isn't a contender right now so a win wouldn't help Lesnar either.

1) A win over Lesnar would put Mir in title contention.

2) Lesnar likely wouldn't lose.

3) It will do more business than any other possible opponent for Lesnar right now.

I've been thinking about the long-term fantasy booking, and to me what makes the most sense is to have Lesnar/Mir at the first opportunity (first post-Super Bowl show in North America that needs it, I guess), with Velasquez/Dos Santos following that up. Then you have the Lesnar/Mir winner fight the Carwin/Nelson winner for a title shot.

Just watched the show, man was I pumped after the opening of 'I'm the baddest man on the planet'.

Overall a really good card I thought. Sanchez looked pretty damn awesome, just completely out worked Thiago, great showing and easily FON. Fantastic as always seeing Ortiz get beaten too. Shiels really didn't impress me here though, then again that doesn't surprise me.

Everything was fantastic until the final fight. Truly gutted that Lesnar lost. Honestly a fight I couldn't call, but I was shocked that it ended that way. It's not that I really dislike Cain, but I just love Lesnar, so very gutted. Hopefully Lesnar learns from this and comes back even stronger. And of course hopefully JDS knocks the fuck out of Cain :shifty:

Meh, I'd probably watch UFC more often if it wasn't on at ridiculous times over here. And like other sports I can't watch it unless it's live, even if I don't know the result yet :/

But I did just see the main event - Velasquez looked like a complete badass. That definitely made him, but the problem with MMA is that he can just go and lose to some random and the majority of that momentum will go away - if he gets a few more wins under his belt, he can make a lot of money for UFC. I thought Brock was gonna be that guy (and well, people are still gonna pay to see him fight, he's Brock Lesnar after all, but I'm talking about mega-stardom here) but apparently not.

Seeing Valesquez win was amazing. I was scared the minute got Cain on his back because of brocks ability to just crush people with his ground game. I was side blinded by the way the way it ended. I thought for sure if Cain was going to win. that it would be outlasting brock in the later rounds thanks to his conditioning.

Seeing Valesquez win was amazing. I was scared the minute got Cain on his back because of brocks ability to just crush people with his ground game. I was side blinded by the way the way it ended. I thought for sure if Cain was going to win. that it would be outlasting brock in the later rounds thanks to his conditioning.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I definately agree about thinking Lesnar could be the mega-stardom guy from UFC that would never lose in a 10 year title streak but I suppose it's difficult considering Lesnar only has a fraction of MMA experience compared to alot of the other people he's faced.

What? Lesnar's still one of the best heavyweights in the world. If he really won every fight for ten years, do you think people would still be as interested in him and as willing to see him pay to outclass another challenger?

I definately agree about thinking Lesnar could be the mega-stardom guy from UFC that would never lose in a 10 year title streak but I suppose it's difficult considering Lesnar only has a fraction of MMA experience compared to alot of the other people he's faced.

What? Lesnar's still one of the best heavyweights in the world. If he really won every fight for ten years, do you think people would still be as interested in him and as willing to see him pay to outclass another challenger?

Well I wasn't litterally meaning undefeated for the next 10 years, I just meant that I thought he'd be the guy that turns away a large number of contenders...

I liked how Gabriel Gonzaga raised his hands after his fight like he thought he actually won that, it was weird. He clearly lost that fight, pretty convincingly too.

Nice to see Matt Hamill win, but a win over Tito Ortiz doesn't mean a whole lot these days, just another loss for Tito is all.

Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago was a good fight. I guess going back to Greg Jackson was a good thing for him because he looked great out there.

Really weird seeing Jake Shields get tired in the second round, he's really not known for getting tired that easily. Also, not sure how one of the judges gave 30-27 to him, he certainly did not win round 2. Round one was Jake's round, round three could've gone either way, but I think Jake squeaked out a win at the end there.

Cain Velasquez did a good job, learning from the mistakes that Shane Carwin made and picked his shots and did not go crazy. Fought a good fight there. So I am sure we'll now see Lesnar/Mir III which is fine with me, will be a fun build to that.

I've got to wonder how 2 judges gave Thiago a round in that fight, yet the other scored it 30-26?

Then again, I think one of the judges was Cecil Peeples...

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I've got to wonder how 2 judges gave Thiago a round in that fight, yet the other scored it 30-26?

Then again, I think one of the judges was Cecil Peeples...

Round one was scored 10-9 Thiago 10-9 Thiago 10-9 Sanchez

Round two was 10-9 Diego across the board

Round three was 10-9 Diego 10-9 Diego 10-8 Diego

That's how :)