UFC News and Discussion Thread

I was a bit mixed when I heard the news, but UFC could use more divisions since a lot of their shows suffer from the problem of not having any fights of consequence. A lot of these guys can be used to draw attention to TV events, and the WEC divisions were so exciting that we'll benefit as fans with much more thrilling matches on the show's undercards.

Looking forward to the Lightweight unification, even though it seems pretty clear the winner of Edgar/Maynard will retain in it.

Gonzaga is gone.

Doesn't suprise me. Ever since he beat Cro Cop he thought he was a world class striker, be someone for Strikeforce though to have. Still bit crap they cut two fighters I like to see in Cote and Gonzaga, I don't get the Gonzaga cutting if Kongo is still in the UFC, I'd much rather have a loser leaves town kinda deal with Gonzaga/Kongo that would make sense. I expect Yvel to get cut and possibly even Tito unless they decide to actually go down the Tito/Chuck III route

Edited by davidmarrio

Yeah but there's a difference, as he had no personal control over Fedor's contract and negotiations, where as he's in control of the WEC fighters, so eh. :/

Roy Nelson would like to fight The Undertaker :lol: North/South transition into a Tombstone would be pretty sweet :P

"The thing is nobody wants to fight a fat guy like me… CroCop is a legend in this sport, and I would’ve loved to have fought him. I’d like to fight [Antonio Rodrigo] Nogueira for the same reason. I’d love to fight [Alistair] Overeem, Brock Lesnar or The Undertaker."

See Noguiera/Cro Cop would be interesting matches