UFC News and Discussion Thread

I was actually just thinking Aldo vs. Pettis would make a good fight, I thought it would be more Aldo moving up though.

I had Aldo winning 1, 2 and 5 to be honest. I'd give Edgar 4 for definite and to me he edged round 3 as well, but that could have went either way. It is a curse that Edgar is so easily damaged.

I loved seeing Jon Fitch get Jon Fitched. I loved seeing Alistair Overeem learning about karma. And that Aldo/Edgar fight was awesome, but I agree when people that Also clearly won. I actually thought it was a really good card, the only bad fight on the main card was Nogueira/Evans.

Sad to see Uncle Creepy lose, though. :( I hope he isn't fired.

Sad to see Uncle Creepy lose, though. :( I hope he isn't fired.

Don't think so. He's 0-2 but he lost to Mighty Mouse and Benavidez. That's top competition. Seeing as flyweight division is still relatively shallow, I reckon he'll get at least one other chance...

I like the fight Aldo-Pettis a lot (going to be great) but I don't like the fact that this is another shortcut to a title shot. We had Sonnen twice, Bonnar, Edgar, Diaz, probably Melendez and now Pettis. All guys that may not have 'deserved' their title shot in their respective division (one more than the other). I could live with Edgar & Melendez... Pettis is somewhat in-between. He certainly deserves a title shot, but it must be very frustrating for guys like Lamas, Weidman, Gustafsonn, Hendrickx... that they keep being ignored.

UFC should be careful to also create some new top stars from time to time. Anyway... let's hope Weidman finally gets that shot now.

Pettis earnt his title shot, he just doesn't want to wait for the winner of Henderson/Melendez, so he's 'cashing in' his LW shot for a FW shot.

Uriah Hall is a monster. That KO was sick.

Turns out that Vitor did in fact pass his drugs test after the Bisping fight. Thiago Tavares failed his after the Nurgodomedov fight and gets a 9month suspension.

Oh, and according to Josh Barnett's manager, Barnett has declined a contract offer with the UFC.