UFC News and Discussion Thread

That Bigfoot moment was fucking awesome with him battering Overeem and then Herb Dean trying to drag him away as he went mental.

Rashad was a massive disappointment.

Edit: Oh and that officiating in the Bobby Green fight was ridiculous. How the hell can you stand them up?

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Kim Winslow should never referee a fight again, dude drops 35 significant strikes in 2 minutes and gets stood up? Absolute joke. Then she let Maia sit on Fitch's back for a minute and a half whilst Fitch has double wrist control?

Maia is an absolute weapon at welterweight.

Overreem learnt a combat lesson: You underestimate your opponent, you will lose. The heavyweight title picture is absolutely fucked now. Reem was out cold but still standing for the last three shots. Silva's freak out was awesome. I cannot even tell you how stereotypical it was for a Dutch guy to walk out to techno...

Rashad not turning up has fucked the light heavyweight picture too, I bet Chris Weidman is happy though.

Aldo did enough to win, surprised he stopped with the leg kicks, even with the threat of being taken down.

Kim Winslow should never referee a fight again, dude drops 35 significant strikes in 2 minutes and gets stood up? Absolute joke. Then she let Maia sit on Fitch's back for a minute and a half whilst Fitch has double wrist control?

Overreem learnt a combat lesson: You underestimate your opponent, you will lose. The heavyweight title picture is absolutely fucked now. Reem was out cold but still standing for the last three shots. Silva's freak out was awesome. I cannot even tell you how stereotypical it was for a Dutch guy to walk out to techno...

Rashad not turning up has fucked the light heavyweight picture too, I bet Chris Weidman is happy though.

Aldo did enough to win, surprised he stopped with the leg kicks, even with the threat of being taken down.

Pretty much all of this tbh.

For the Light Heavy division, I'd guess that after Jones beats Sonnen, he gets the winner of Hendo vs Machida. After that, the winner should get the winner of Gustafsson vs Mousasi.

I never thought that Rashad should get a title shot honestly, but only because the only fight of his that I saw was the Jon Jones fight. I guess it will be Weidman next, followed by the winner of Okami vs Lombard.

The Weidman/Silva fight might not even happen till the summer, I think. After that, I'm thinking if Lombard wins, he faces the winner of Belcher versus Bisping or the rumored Belfort/Rockhold fight.

I hope they make Lil Nog face Shogun next, though. Their PRIDE fight was awesome.

Maia versus the winner of Condit/Rory or Ellenberger if he beats Hendrick would be the right direction.

Pretty much all of this tbh.

For the Light Heavy division, I'd guess that after Jones beats Sonnen, he gets the winner of Hendo vs Machida. After that, the winner should get the winner of Gustafsson vs Mousasi.

I never thought that Rashad should get a title shot honestly, but only because the only fight of his that I saw was the Jon Jones fight. I guess it will be Weidman next, followed by the winner of Okami vs Lombard.

I wanted to see Rashad versus Silva because of Evans' wrestling pedigree, but if he couldn't get Antonio Nogueira down - even after wrestlers like Phil Davis and Ryan Bader, inferior wrestlers IMO to Rashad, were able to implement that strategy - Rashad would have been mauled by the Spider.

Evans' best wins are over Forrest Griffin (he was actually tailing the scorecards), Tito Ortiz (the rematch), Rampage Jackson, Thiago Silva (during both of which he got hurt), and of course the infamous knockout of Chuck Liddell. He is a great wrestler and I'd put him among the top 10 LHW's even after the loss to Nog. He was #3 on my list heading into this fight, and make no mistake, this was an upset. That said, Nogueira's always a game opponent and he must have been working on his takedown defense.

But yeah, last night was a big night for the Brazilians on the main card. Maia, Bigfoot, Nogueira, and Aldo all getting wins. That's huge.

I hope Overeem comes back from this and realizes why he can't underestimate a 280 pound muay thai practitioner who has wins over the likes of Emelianenko and Arlovski.

Anthony Pettis apparently wants to face Aldo for the Featherweight Title (instead of the Henderson/Melendez-winner). It's a bit strange timing-wise I guess. He could've tried winning the lightweight title first and, if he fails, still go to 145. The other way around seems more unlikely. DW says if they make it (Aldo-Pettis), Lamas would instead face the Korean Zombie (in what would be a number 1 contenders match unless another LW contender makes the move down offcourse).

Am I btw the only one getting a bit worried about UFC women's plans as apart from Rousey-Carmouche not a single other female fight has been announced. You'd expect them to at least try to build up one next contender (or is Rousey-Cyborg a near-lock without us knowing?).

Also... go Demian Maia! Get that welterweight belt!