UFC News and Discussion Thread

That toe injury was absolutely horrific to see, jesus that could have lost him the match if he hadn't finished him before the round was over.

That said, Jones showed again he was dominant by outwrestling the wrestler and Sonnen simply wasn't good enough. Sonnen really needs to contemplate his career, since he can't compete against the champions of both his weight classes and I am certain he wont win against GSP either if he went down that route.

Contender wise, Lyoto has the next shot at the title after he defeated Hendo 2 months ago so I am sure they will square off near the end of this year. Even though Lyoto is a great fighter, I can't see why this would be any different than the last fight. He rocked Jones, but he got absolutely owned afterwards for it.

Hendo is a guy who I want to see get into the mix after the Lyoto Vs. Jones fight. Against both guys he would have a great story to work, Lyoto won a controversial split decision over him and against Jones he is the prototype ''New Blood Vs. Old Blood" fight.

Also, Roy Nelson is a freaking beast.

1367119523261_zps5153ca33.gif

The crazy part is I think he broke it himself, by simply applying too much strain on his base while he was trying to bring Sonnen down. That was gruesome, and I was laughing because I thought I had seen the most disgusting stuff of the night already, with the dislocated thumb and the gut-wrenching eye poke under the eyelid on Belcher.

There's a gif of when it breaks. He's pushing off when he's in Chael's guard and it just sort of stays in one place whilst the rest of his foot moves.

Controversial split decision? I'm pretty sure everyone thought Machida won that fight. And it was a freaking terrible fight, would not want to see that again.

The controversy isn't that Hendo should have won the fight (based on the rules as they are today). The controversy lies in the idea that Lyoto Machida, who did nothing to try to WIN the fight, is in line for a title shot because he didn't LOSE to Henderson. It's a matter of the fans looking at that fight, seeing Dan Henderson trying desperately to get his hands on Machida, and watching Lyoto pitter-patter, stick and move his way to a decision.

Even if the rules and judging criteria is considered as good as it gets for MMA, the question becomes, is a performance like that really worth rewarding?

In my eyes, I say no. Ideally, Gustavsson and Mousasi gets re-booked and the winner, provided they win impressively, should be next for Bones. Jon Jones is going to need some time to heal up anyways. Give Machida a fight with Daniel Cormier if he moves to 205, or how about Machida Vs Sonnen?

Now I need to go rewatch the fight, because that's not how I remembered it.

Also, Gustauffson versus Machida would be my pick for a top contender fight. I'd like Cormier against one of the 161 winners. Oh, but Dana did say he'd like Cormier versus Big Country (he's also looking at Nelson versus Hunt if Hunt wins his next fight).

Sonnen also says he wants to retire, which like Florian, I understand.

Edited by Extremely Huge Bag of Shit

• 2 weeks later...

UFC content will be among the 53 initial channels in YouTube's new plan to offer fee-based subscription content.

UFC officials today announced that the company's "UFC Select" YouTube channel is now available for a monthly fee of $5.99 following an initial 14-day free trial.

Current plans call for the channel to feature eight new fights each week. Initial offerings include UFC 139'sWanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le, UFC on Versus 4's Cheick Kongovs. Pat Barry, UFC 108's Junior dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel and UFC 103's Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin, among others.

Additionally, one complete season of "The Ultimate Fighter" will be available each month. The channel currently features all 10 episodes of "The Ultimate Fighter 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos."

Episodes of "UFC Unleashed" and "Best of PRIDE" will also be hosted on the site, as well as one full UFC event replay each week.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed with sources close to the promotion that current plans call for the channel to start its event features with UFC 1 and progress chronologically. Included will be the infamous "dark ages" events that have never been released on DVD in the U.S.

The new "UFC Select" channel will not impact the promotion's UFC.tv website, which also feature on-demand video footage, as well as live pay-per-view events.

YouTube's paid channels are intended to create additional revenue for the video-hosting website, as well as its content partners, which number in the thousands. A report from The Wall Street Journal said paid-channel creators will keep more than 50 percent of all generated revenue, while YouTube pockets the rest.

That's £3.99/month to the Brits

I like the idea of the chronological 1 event per week, and to be honest you are getting a lot of content for not much cash per month.

So our next card is Vitor Belfort Vs Luke Rockhold, any thoughts on this?

Rockhold is extremely solid. That said, I don't think he can finish Vitor Belfort. If he wins the fight, it's going to be a grinder that goes to decision. He's going to have to take the fight in close and make it uncomfortable for Vitor, because if he lets Belfort keep distance and strike with him, it's going to be a short night.

Rockhold's probably going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Belfort wins via dirty cheater.

That card blows, by the way. Nothing in the least interesting, especially now that Phillipou dropped out. Before that, his fight with Jacare was the only thing that had me invested in the main card. Now I care more about the Fuel and Facebook fights.

Pat Healy's failed drug test for weed has cost him $130k as Dana has stripped him of his bonuses. Bryan Caraway is now getting the SotN bonus. Maybe he can buy Miesha a new trailer...

UFC 159 was cursed.

One thing I don't get, is why Jussier Formiga vs Chris Cariaso is on Facebook prelims when Rafael Natal vs Joao Zeferino is main card? Saturday's looks like a weak card, but often that makes for good fights